Quote Originally Posted by jrcii View Post
Hello All,

I recently picked up a Hellcat that is going to replace my Shield as my EDC gun (after learning in a class that I just can't shoot the Shield). There aren't a ton of light bearing holsters available for the Hellcat so I started thinking of going without a light/laser. When I'm at home I have other (lighted) options available to me so the Hellcat would really only be used when I'm away from home. And, truth be told, I don't go out much at night. So, I'm thinking that holster availability and comfort is more important than mounting a light.

Any thoughts on the necessity of a light?

Thanks,

JRC
WML options for subcompact pistols are not the best performers and often have odd controls. They also defeat the purpose of having a smaller firearm.

That being said, you should always have some source of white light, which means you should always have a hand held light. Even if you have a WML, you need to have a hand held light.

As far as the necessity of a WML, I don't think it's necessary for most people. If you can carry with one, go for it. A high output hand held will be more useful than a low output WML.