Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Which B&T APC to buy?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    That isn't a bad price for one with a brace.
    LGS has a Pro k in true pistol config, no brace.
    On brace options, is the collapsible one really like $600? Is that because it has an all new back end cap in with the buffer assembly?
    The folding SB option for a brace, does that use the installed back end?
    I assume that the collapsible stock is much more space efficient than the side folder? if so I really like the collapsible version better, do they sell a version with the brace already installed so you’re not double buying the back end buffer assembly?

When I was looking at the gun through the glass, the barrel looks like it just has a threaded cap on it, not a tray like adapter. Do they come with a trailer adapter in the box or is that something you have to buy separately?

What is the ETA on the straight board a the roller delayed version?
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 09-07-20 at 09:30.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    I have an ACP9 also, bought it before the Pro version came out.

I want two more, a Pro in .45, and a K in 9mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    On brace options, is the collapsible one really like $600? Is that because it has an all new back end cap in with the buffer assembly?
    I assume that the collapsible stock is much more space efficient than the side folder? if so I really like the collapsible version better, do they sell a version with the brace already installed so you’re not double buying the back end buffer assembly?

When I was looking at the gun through the glass, the barrel looks like it just has a threaded cap on it, not a tray like adapter. Do they come with a trailer adapter in the box or is that something you have to buy separately?

The tailhook brace cost a fortune, ask me how I know. You have to buy the tailhook and brace. Ends up being more like $700 ish. If you go with folding stock or Tailhook, they will go directly on the pistol. You could ask Tarheels State firearms and see if he would put your desired stock on before shipping. Very accommodating guy.

I ran the brace firstly and yes the tailhook is more real estate friendly but at a premium cost.

The barrel has a permanent tri-lug adapter

Good luck

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    https://tarheelstatefirearms.com/sto...product_id=544

Like this? What is the:
    B&T APC10 Telescopic Brace Adapter to allow use of Gear Head Works Tailhook

The tail hook adds Over $100?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    https://tarheelstatefirearms.com/sto...product_id=544

Like this? What is the:
    B&T APC10 Telescopic Brace Adapter to allow use of Gear Head Works Tailhook

The tail hook adds Over $100?
    I bought my brace/tailhook from a buddy that bought two because he is a maniac. He said they will come into the market then be unobtainium for months.... So, I didn't complete the purchase, I just gave him the $$$ he told me I owed. APC10 is for the 10mm version. I think the APC9/45 are one in the same but 10 might be different.

Yes, the tailhook adds another bean to the cost. And there are two versions of the tailhook. The one Big Army went with is smaller and used on their K version guns. But mine is slightly larger and is more comfortable. My buddy went K and smaller tailhook to get the exact clone which I never give a fck about.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 09-08-20 at 10:24.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Are people finding the Glock mag configuration as reliable as the OEM configuration. I had always read that most SMG mags were designed to be double-stack, double-feed (like an AR mag) as opposed to double-stack, single-feed (like standard handgun mags) because it would make the gun more reliable. Does that only matter when firing in full auto?

Feedback Score

I have the K mode and it comes with a tri lug adapter. Underneath is 1/2x28 and comes with a thread protector. The APCP Pro barrel just accepts tri lug if I'm not mistaken. The folding braces on the market do use the rear end cap. You remove one 4mm screw and the plate comes off and the brace goes on. Super easy. There are a few and there there's my favorite. I really like the Tommy Built Tactical UMP Brace https://tommybuilttactical.com/ump-brace?___SID=S but it's pricy compared to the SB Tactical.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

I got the side folder because I just couldn't stomach the $700 brace. At some point when the brace ban goes through I will SBR it and get the factory collapsable (which also costs a fortune). The folding brace is an excellent...brace...but it is a regular old plastic side folder so it is definitely going to take up more space.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    I have done the dive on these. I have the APC Pro in 9mm and I have the APC in 10mm (I also have the chassis systems in both those calibers). My experience is that the APC 9K is just too short for a general purpose PCC. Rail space is very limited. If I wanted a super compact, capable 9mm PCC, I'd go with a Glock chassis and a Glock 17/34 instead of a APC 9K. it does the same thing and is a lot smaller and lighter.

Tech Smith Manufacturing makes a great side folding stock for the APC. It works great. So does everything they make, for that matter.

I have to say I absolutely love my APC 10mm. I put the telescoping brace (and yes its expensive) on it and mounted all accessories at 12 or 6 oclock and pulled the 3 and 9 panels off the gun. It is super flat and fits into a laptop case. It is another world in terms of power. I can put a 220 grain hard cast through 30inches of tissue (say a bear), 180 grain JHPs work out well past 100 yards, and you can put out 100 grain round at 1850 FPS. That is basically a rifle. Its really a remarkable system and is an ideal "braced pistol" that fits between the standard PCC and something like a Rattler in a rifle caliber. The only issue is magazines. Glock mags work. SGM mags work (but have to be rammed into the gun), and the ETS mags are sketchy. I'm going to grind a little on the SGM mag around where the mag catch locks.

These guns are really excellent. If they made a pro lower that took 45ACP Glock mags, I think they would dominate the 45 acp market too.
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ruckusjuice View Post
    Are people finding the Glock mag configuration as reliable as the OEM configuration. I had always read that most SMG mags were designed to be double-stack, double-feed (like an AR mag) as opposed to double-stack, single-feed (like standard handgun mags) because it would make the gun more reliable. Does that only matter when firing in full auto?
    I have about 30 B&T mags and god knows how many glock mags. I use both lowers. I haven't seen any difference in reliability. I will say that having a Glock 19 on your belt,, a G 17 in a chassis in a console safe, and an APC in a safe under the seat, is pretty handy. Because of that, I use the Glock lower exclusively and use the B&T mags in my TP9. That "system" is also doable in 10mm, although the mag story isn't as good.
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast