Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Which B&T APC to buy?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    For you gents running the APC or the Stribog, are you having any issues with hollow point ammunition?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by masan View Post
    For you gents running the APC or the Stribog, are you having any issues with hollow point ammunition?
    No. I run 147gr Gold Dots.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have been intermittently shooting Gold Dot 124+ P and Gold Dot 115, through a Glock magazine APC9 Pro with no issues so far.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Or, you can buy two of the Stribog (9mm only) for less money, Here is mine in "pistol" form. They are making a delayed roller variant, but this one already shoots as smooth as my MP5, and is selling for $600. The pistol/ stock adds another $125 or so, or you can go the SBR route, or you can pick up the pieces you want to "pistol" brace it yourself.

So are you saying you don't see a benefit to the delayed roller version (A3), even with a can?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I pulled the trigger on a B&T APC Pro 9 . I went with the full sized because I too like the extra real estate and feel like its small enough already for my liking. If I buy another way down the road, I might get a K version.

Really looking forward to banging on this bad boy.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    No issues with GDs, HST or Critical Duty in my APC9 Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by masan View Post
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I pulled the trigger on a B&T APC Pro 9 . I went with the full sized because I too like the extra real estate and feel like its small enough already for my liking. If I buy another way down the road, I might get a K version.

Really looking forward to banging on this bad boy.

PB
    Nice!!! I have the OG style APC 9 and I have 5,700 rounds through without a failure of any kind whatsoever (from shot #1). I know that sounds like BS but it’s honest truth. I’ve shot all different weights of ammo and different brands but I’ve only shot one box of hollow points (50). The simple blowback design aids to its reliability and so does the buffer in the rear. I think the buffer allows them to not have to be so careful in regards to “tuning” or trying to find a good reliable middle ground for hot or weak ammo. They can allow the bolt to cycle with less pressure ( for weaker Ammo) while also not worrying about beating your gun up with hotter Ammo.

I’m pretty confident you will find that your MP5 clone will be softer and smoother shooting. The APC will jump a little more but it comes right back down on target. My SP5K SBR is softer shooting but my APC has such a superior trigger that I am still quicker with it regardless. I absolutely love it and it’s tied for my favorite gun I own (other being the APC223)
    Last edited by Dirtyboy333; 03-21-20 at 20:03.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Why so little 'love' for the 45ACP variants?

Is it a mag issue, plinking issue, availability or, something else? One thing that attracts, in addition to everything else, is the fact it is available in 45ACP unlike the re-released HK MP-5 options. I get Glock/SIG magazine compatibility in a D.O.D. context but, for me that isn't a driving factor.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyboy333 View Post
    Nice!!! I have the OG style APC 9 and I have 5,700 rounds through without a failure of any kind whatsoever (from shot #1). I know that sounds like BS but it’s honest truth. I’ve shot all different weights of ammo and different brands but I’ve only shot one box of hollow points (50). The simple blowback design aids to its reliability and so does the buffer in the rear. I think the buffer allows them to not have to be so careful in regards to “tuning” or trying to find a good reliable middle ground for hot or weak ammo. They can allow the bolt to cycle with less pressure ( for weaker Ammo) while also not worrying about beating your gun up with hotter Ammo.

I’m pretty confident you will find that your MP5 clone will be softer and smoother shooting. The APC will jump a little more but it comes right back down on target. My SP5K SBR is softer shooting but my APC has such a superior trigger that I am still quicker with it regardless. I absolutely love it and it’s tied for my favorite gun I own (other being the APC223)
    Thanks Dirty, Im really looking forward to it.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid Post View Post
    Why so little 'love' for the 45ACP variants?

Is it a mag issue, plinking issue, availability or, something else? One thing that attracts, in addition to everything else, is the fact it is available in 45ACP unlike the re-released HK MP-5 options. I get Glock/SIG magazine compatibility in a D.O.D. context but, for me that isn't a driving factor.
    I think its all of the above. Ammo cost, the mags cost $100 vs $46, I alost bought a .45 at my LGS, but it was the older version. I still might buy one.

PB

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast