Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another M4A1 style build

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah, it was hit or miss with most M4s if they had BUIS, especially if they had ACOGs.

Side note, it was funny that for a while I had a BUIS on my M4 that had a broken retention catch or something. The post wouldn't stay down. It would have been a serious problem, except the ACOG was far enough back it held the post down. Yay mil-spec equipment!
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chef8489 View Post
    Nice build. After I finish my block II build I am thinking of doing a block 1 or a m4 setup like I had when we first transitioned to the m4.
    1) Nice rifle, Hammer Man. There's something satisfying about a full featured M4.

2) Definitely clone your rifle. It's not the latest/greatest, but cloning the one I carried as a Squad Leader is incredibly gratifying.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Thanks for the replies everyone! I've decided to forgo the rear BUIS, I've come to like the ACOG where it currently sits.

On another note: The sloppy fit of the dust cover on the Noveske upper really bothered me, so I swapped it out for a BCM upper. The downside is the tight precise fit between the upper and lower receivers is no longer there. The fit is more like my assigned duty weapon, which is to say good enough for govt. work. Recently I built another M4 using a BCM upper, and a ZEV lower, and I like the fit between those receivers much better, so I plan to replace the Noveske lower with a ZEV at some point in the future.

@GTF425 nice clone! How do you like the weapon light mounted on the low side of the rail? Do you find it gets in your way when using the vertical grip?
    Last edited by Hammer_Man; 04-02-20 at 12:06.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    @GTF425 nice clone! How do you like the weapon light mounted on the low side of the rail? Do you find it gets in your way when using the vertical grip?
    Not at all, actually. It's positioned in a pretty convenient place for me to work either the laser or light without having to shift my grip to do so. I know its fallen out of favor to "grip" a VFG, but on those short rails with those attachments, that was the best I could do and I feel like I was able to make the best of it.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpine2k3 View Post
    There is a KRAM spacer you can get for the ACOG. It will rise it slightly and move it further back without having to remove the rear sight.
    Any idea where I can find one in stock? I think this sounds very promising.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    Not at all, actually. It's positioned in a pretty convenient place for me to work either the laser or light without having to shift my grip to do so. I know its fallen out of favor to "grip" a VFG, but on those short rails with those attachments, that was the best I could do and I feel like I was able to make the best of it.
    I agree with the space issue. Despite the limitations, I like this setup, and feel it's pretty bomb proof. Plus, my assigned weapon is similar in setup, so I figure building this will make for good training.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12