Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Need help choosing progressive press

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by stank View Post
    I didn't see anyone mention this. If you go with the 650/750 I would almost consider the case feeder mandatory. If you do not intend on getting the case feeder then the 550 would be the best bet for you in my opinion. I did the 650 without a case feeder for awhile and it was a pain feeding cases. Not sure if the 750 is different from the 650 for not having a case feeder.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    Totally agree with your post. I ran with no case feeder for a few weeks waiting for mine to come in, totally messes with any rhythm you get going. And the 750 is no different with regard to the case feeder, basically a must have like you noted.

Feedback Score
    Dillon 550b and Rock Chucker owner here. The Dillon has been used for 9mm, 10mm and .45. I have dies for .38/.357 (crimp die as well) the RC is for rifle (right now .308). The Dillon is very easy to set up and the manual indexing feature is nice to give more control over the loading process. I am not a “fast” reloader by any means. As some one famous once said “speed is fine but accuracy is final”. If you do get a Dillon, invest in a “skylight” from inline fabrication. It bathes the shell plate in bright light so as to see into each case before bullet seating. Can’t recommend one enough.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazykarl View Post
    I will not have separate powder measure bars for separate 556 loads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazykarl View Post
    I have also used a sharpie mark on several powder bars for reference...

Heads-up... This guy on eBay is selling powder bars for <$15, shipped.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DILLON-LARG...0AAOSwWWxeeXph

I'm not affiliated (but I did just order four more bars).

Also, FYI, a 9mm label fits perfectly across the back of a small powder bar...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Bimmer,

Thanks for the lead. Good price. Good advice.

Karl

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If you want the best get the Dillion

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Thanks for all the responses, I'm going to probably pull the trigger on a 550B when my stimulus check comes in... That, or a barrel for my MK12ish build. Decisions, decisions....

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    I have a 650 and have been contemplating getting a 550, but if you do any kind of rifle loads, this is where the 650/750 shines because of the case feeder. You can add a case feeder to the 550, but you are only able to do pistol ammo. So my suggestion would be to get a 650/750 with a case feeder so you have some flexibility. I am looking at a second 650/750 to do either large primers on or may set it up just to do case prep with a Honey Badger setup.

I also have a Redding T7 Turret press that I use for load development and have been looking at getting a Big Boss II for .308 and magnum ammo.
    Last edited by drtywk; 04-09-20 at 11:51.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234