Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Low round count drills.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    Oh that's cool, like a mini MNQ. Gotta run this.

Just realized, gotta shoot fast as hell for this one.
    Yeah , I’m not sure I will ever get this one finished under time. Even if I didn’t do mag changes I don’t think I’d make it. I’m out of shape too so that doesn’t help. I’m taking way too much time getting into the two lower positions.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    For ultra low round counts I liked a timed one round up drill. Give yourself more time the farther you are. I also liked a target transition drill. Two rounds, aim at target one, fire when shot timer buzzes and transition to second target for one round. Again base time on distance to targets and distance between targets. 3 rounds gets you practice on major aspects of other drills. But I think it’s also really important to do drills where targets are shot more than one time each every session you do. I’ve realized some training scars from dry fire getting into live fire drills, the same could apply to only shooting a target once.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    One of my absolute favorites has been modified versions of the RedbackOne transition setups. In the simplest form, one in the chamber for primary and handgun, and easiest to grab have 7 in each. From high ready, it's all box drills: fire the primary to lock back, transition to handgun fire to lock back, reload that, finish box drill (6), transition back up to rifle, repeat box (6). Scan & assess.
    First pass can be empty mag, or 5 in starting mags so you finish one box... you're prepped for the next one again if you have 7 ready to go. If you want to run 10's with three targets, stretch it out that way

Multi-position, movement, and trying for first shot hits on each is a fantastic way to focus on stuff, especially in terms of rapid time pressure. Even cheesy stuff like running 10yd up to a barricade and getting one shot off, run to another barricade, one shot, transition, another shot - actually useful work, and you're burning off <5 rounds per rep.

DRY work is ultimately the best, but validation of techniques on there is absolutely necessary, and that's been what's utterly kicked my arse recently.
    Last edited by TehLlama; 06-19-20 at 22:44.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234