Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Back in the “gun” game after years away...

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    The “LARPing” thing is pretty funny too, it’s crossed over from “nerds” to guns. I think it was started or made popular by “Garand thumb” , it’s funny because it’s true.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
    The “LARPing” thing is pretty funny too, it’s crossed over from “nerds” to guns. I think it was started or made popular by “Garand thumb” , it’s funny because it’s true.
    It was well in full swing before GT came along.

Albeit totally gay in concept it’s been good for the 2A cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    It was well in full swing before GT came along.

Albeit totally gay in concept it’s been good for the 2A cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just shows how I haven’t kept up with the culture. If it’s been good for the 2A cause, when is the next LARP meetup????

Oh, and “I am that guy”.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
    As somebody who arrived at this point from actual theatrical LARPing (both modern warfare themed and classical nerdy), via airsoft through to using large airsoft events to refine my actual deployment kit layout and understanding of small unit tactics, it's not all bad... but it's hard to make anything positive come out of it unless you have some sense of humor to apply.
    The same idea from the meme of 'How do I use being a D&D DM in my resume' - RKBA-LARP honestly does have quite a bit of practical upside, and it is a much wider audience. The approach tends to be different, but for the most part it's a group of people FAR more willing to actually receive educated information and distill useful knowledge from it than the historical fudd-types (sorry) who tend to lack the intellectual curiousity to understand what could (should) be better, and why.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    As somebody who arrived at this point from actual theatrical LARPing (both modern warfare themed and classical nerdy), via airsoft through to using large airsoft events to refine my actual deployment kit layout and understanding of small unit tactics, it's not all bad... but it's hard to make anything positive come out of it unless you have some sense of humor to apply.
    The same idea from the meme of 'How do I use being a D&D DM in my resume' - RKBA-LARP honestly does have quite a bit of practical upside, and it is a much wider audience. The approach tends to be different, but for the most part it's a group of people FAR more willing to actually receive educated information and distill useful knowledge from it than the historical fudd-types (sorry) who tend to lack the intellectual curiousity to understand what could (should) be better, and why.
    There have been many that made the jump from airsoft to real firearms, I know a few. I knew, and still don't know much of anything about airsoft prior to being invited to go play a game several months ago. I wore my own chest rig, but I used borrowed equipment. I went in with the expectation that the players would try to keep some semblance of real world tactics and not taking unnecessary risks that you wouldn't take if the opposite side was slinging real bullets in our direction. The first game I kinda held back and played off others lead, and for the most part it lived up to my expectations. I got eliminated early in the second game so I wasn't around to see how it played out. The third game was a real shit show with people just basically playing tactical grab ass so I took an easy hit so I could go take a leak and eat some beef jerky. The guy that invited me said that it usually plays out like that, the first game or two is semi serious then it goes down hill from there, so if I were to go again I'd likely bounce after the first or second game.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123