Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig 320 extractor

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)

Sig 320 extractor

DISCLAIMER/WARNING: PLEASE LEAVE OUT THE "BUY A GLOCK" OR ANY SIMILAR COMMENTS. ONLY TECHNICAL ANSWER IF YOU KNOW IT OR HAVE FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE. Stories heard from a friend of a neighbor's friend aren't wanted.

My former 320 which is now in the hand of a good friend, an experienced shooter (better shooter than me), is having some occasional extraction hiccups. Either the empty case slips off the extractor or the extractor never grabbed the rim at all, leaving the empty case in the chamber. This gun has approximately 2000 rounds through it. The extractor claw is not broken.

Does the 320 have known extraction issues? weak extractor spring?

Thanks.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There is an extra power extractor spring available. It will probably cure the occasional ail.

I don't have the part number handy but will post if and when I find it.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    When was the pistol made? Sometime in 2016 Sig changed the length of the extractor pin that holds the extractor spring making it longer to provide more tension on the extractor. Sig sent me a whole package of them to replace for a class of recruits while at FLETC. It was not unheard of for some higher round count pistols to start having extraction issues expecially with weaker frangible ammo. Any of the newer models (post upgrade) would have the longer pin. 2000 rounds is a low number but the spring could have just gotten weak also. David

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Thanks guys. I'll tell him to try a new extractor spring.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I am also curious of when the gun was manufactured.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not too long ago, Sig shipped a batch of 320s with wrong internals and a bunch had extraction and ejection issues, including losing their extractors. IIRC, some 9 parts were swapped for 40. I'll try to find the notes on that, someone else may help in the interim. (Not RUMINT, some of the guns were local.)
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    I am also curious of when the gun was manufactured.
    Not sure when it was manufactured but I bought it early 2018.

My friend took the extractor and spring out and found a lot of carbon and gunk build up in/on/around the extractor. He's going to give it a good cleaning and give it another try when he goes to the range. It's hard to believe there's so much build up for approximately 2000 rounds.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Not sure when it was manufactured but I bought it early 2018.

My friend took the extractor and spring out and found a lot of carbon and gunk build up in/on/around the extractor. He's going to give it a good cleaning and give it another try when he goes to the range. It's hard to believe there's so much build up for approximately 2000 rounds.
    My wife's P320 had a similar issue, and it was solved by a good cleaning and plenty of Hoppes.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    I generally give extractor hooks a good cleaning with a GI Toothbrush, a light dab of oil and a quick check to see if they are moving freely.
    Crap does accumulate under them.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    You probably have a your answer but Ill make one note that might be worth consideration. My friend that I shoot matches with weekly, broke his extractor but jamming a 21 round mag into his Legion X5. They come with 17 round mags but we run the 21 rounders from our tactical P320's. Sig said you can break the extractor if you jam the 21 round mags. FYI.

Just a thought if he is jamming 21 rounders, he could have damaged it.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast