Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sig 320 extractor

Feedback Score
    Post_10,
    Why would/does a 21-round P320 mag break a P320 extractor, while a 17-round wouldn't?
    I'm just not understanding.
    Last edited by L-2; 03-20-20 at 16:16.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by L-2 View Post
    Post_10,
    Why would/does a 21-round P320 mag break a P320 extractor, while a 17-round wouldn't?
    I'm just not understanding.
    Because the magwell prevents the 17's from jamming past where they need to go. With 21's there is no buffer per se.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I believe he means ejector. We issue 17 round mags for reloads to Commanders at work who are issued P320's with the sub-compact grip. Some who get alittle excited with their slide lock reloads slam the longer mag in the shorter magwell and will bend the ejector. David

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitehorne View Post
    I believe he means ejector. We issue 17 round mags for reloads to Commanders at work who are issued P320's with the sub-compact grip. Some who get alittle excited with their slide lock reloads slam the longer mag in the shorter magwell and will bend the ejector. David
    Thank you, a gunsmith I am not.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitehorne View Post
    With the subcompact grip, that makes sense. PB, my 21rd mags have a 'sleeve' that prevents overinsertion in the standard (17rd) magwell...do some mags lack this sleeve? Or am I missing something?
    Thanks,
    Moon

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Our standard issue pistol is the Carry with 3 mags. For Commanders and non-uniformed officers we give them the option of putting on a sub-compact grip. Those that choose the sub grip just get one 12 round mag in the gun. The other two mags for reloads are 17 rounders. We don't issue or recommend mag sleeves for duty carry. David

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12