Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Primary Arms Cyclops 1x ACSS

Feedback Score

Primary Arms Cyclops 1x ACSS

What are everyone’s thoughts on the Primary Arms Cyclops ACSS prism optic? I like the idea of a etched reticle in case the battery dies and especially with the acss reticle as a red dot alternative. I know it’s made in China but would you trust your life to one or put it on a duty rifle?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have one I've been using on a Ruger PC 9mm. I haven't shot with it extensively (~500rds) or abused it at all, but so far, it's been pretty decent.

Optics seem relatively clear for the price point
    It zeroed easily
    The reticle is nice and pretty fast
    illumination is decent but can wash out a little in bright sunlight. I haven't found it to be too much of an issue. Dunno about battery life as I don't leave it on.

So I like the thing for a range PCC...I'm not sure it's quite "duty" grade, though. Just my opinion, and I'm not LE or MIL. I'd prob have to beat on the thing a lot more than I have if I were considering it for a serious use rifle. I currently have Aimpoints on my serious rifles, FWIW. The Pro is kinda hard to beat...

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I bought a used one from Tacswap. The glass was incredibly clear, way better than I was expecting. The eye relief is pretty forgiving as well. The etched reticle was pretty easy to pick up in most lighting conditions as long as you weren't looking at a black background. With the illumination turned on, it was plenty bright in most conditions but it felt like it needed one more click.

The reticle is very small, and even with my perfect eyesight the Chevron would typically just look like a dot. I didn't plan to use the Chevron as a BDC like it's designed so it wasn't that big of a deal. I just treated it like an EoTech reticle. I tried to get it to work with a magnifier but it just wasn't possible, so I ended up trading it for a Holosun 503G with the ACSS reticle and I find that to better suit my needs.

Would I trust the PA Cyclops on a duty rifle? Honestly, yeah I probably would. I was not kind to the optic over the several months I had it, it bounced around in the backseat of my truck, got rained on, banged around against other rifles in the truck etc, and it survived and never lost zero.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I had one for a while. Overall I liked it, but as noted above, IMO the reticle is too small to make use of the ranging features at 1x. I prefer the Vortex Spitfire 1x because I like the reticle better.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    I've got one on a carbine. I concur with the comments above regarding overall good serviceability.

I already had a few PA optics with the ACSS reticles (3X, 5X, and 1-6X) In comparison, the reticle on the 1X does seem miniscule.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I had their older 4x and it was solid for 1k rounds.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    I have their 2.5X prism. If you are going to carry a heavy optic, the etched reticle is definitely the way to go. The only downside is the weight.

Feedback Score
    Along with the etched reticle, the diopter adjustment is really a nice feature for my eyes, at 58. I can focus that reticle right in.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    One thing with prism sights, you can expect a lot more parallax shift than from a traditional red dot or holographic sight.

Just one thing to keep in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    One thing with prism sights, you can expect a lot more parallax shift than from a traditional red dot or holographic sight.

Just one thing to keep in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Really? That's interesting because I've always read that the prism sights have zero parallax. That has always been one of the pro's in the prism vs scope debate.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast