Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Primary Arms Cyclops 1x ACSS

Feedback Score
    OK, so I did the side-to-side eye movement in the eyebox of the 5X prism. Definiteley parallax up close....inside 10 yards it's quite a bit. Out at 50+ it seems not enough to perceive.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMarine View Post
    Really? That's interesting because I've always read that the prism sights have zero parallax. That has always been one of the pro's in the prism vs scope debate.
    Yes etched prism is better than a magnified scope but not none, a lot more than a red dot. It’s a compromise.

Andrew - Lancaster, CA
    NRA Life Member, CRPA member, Calguns.net contributor, CGF / SAF / FPC / CCRKBA / GOA / NAGR / NRA-ILA contributor, USCCA member - Support your defenders!

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    This new 2x prism scope from Primary Arms looks interesting. It should be available in a couple of months. Among other things, they increased the reticle size on this new model and according to them it is daylight bright.

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-...5-5-56-reticle
    Last edited by Biggy; 03-22-20 at 12:58.

Feedback Score
    The 2X looks pretty nice.

I can see why the reticle changes in size, due to the MOA values needed to provide the leads and such. The reticle on 3X and 5X both seem to come in at a size that is easy to work with. The 1X is small, but of course you get a lighter optic, with more FOV, and more forgiving eye relief. Everything is a tradeoff.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I’d be willing to try the Cyclops if I happened to have some extra cash kicking around. IIRC it is compatible with Aimpoint Micro mounts so it it should work for my RS Regulate AK side mount that I’ve barely used.

I’ve had a PA 2.5x for years, it’s on one of my “go to” guns right now actually (one geared toward use outdoors though, not HD). The 2.5x is one of PA’s older optics and Id be willing to upgrade to one of their newer prisms, although as a fan of the 2.5 I’m not sure whether I’d go down to the new 2x or up to the Gen 2 3x. Probably the 3x, although that’s about my ceiling when it comes to fixed magnification scopes I think.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    This new 2x prism scope from Primary Arms looks interesting. It should be available in a couple of months. Among other things, they increased the reticle size on this new model and according to them it is daylight bright.

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-...5-5-56-reticle
    I would suspect the Chinese companies that make the PA optics are going to be impacted by the Chinese Virus like everything else. I will be surprised if these actually show up on time.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    The Swampfox Blade is an interesting new prism as well. Reticle is much larger than the PA and BDC has close range 5, 7 and 15 yard off sets

The former marketing guy at PA, Mike, is heading things up for them and they seem to be putting out ok stuff comparable to PA et al.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    I would suspect the Chinese companies that make the PA optics are going to be impacted by the Chinese Virus like everything else. I will be surprised if these actually show up on time.
    According to Marshall, this scope is still on it’s expected delivery schedule. I guess we will see on that. He said the factory that builds them is back to 80% capacity.
    Last edited by Biggy; 03-23-20 at 11:21.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    This factory is back up and running. Pre order is up and delivery for May is still on track.
    Marshall Lerner
    CEO Primary Arms, LLC
    Contact me at: marshall@primaryarms.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    One thing with prism sights, you can expect a lot more parallax shift than from a traditional red dot or holographic sight.

Just one thing to keep in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have tested and compared. The Cyclops has very little and less than most red dots. it is a scope so you do loose the ideal field of view as you move way off center but still able to take an accurate shot for its intended range.
    Marshall Lerner
    CEO Primary Arms, LLC
    Contact me at: marshall@primaryarms.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast