Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Martial Law....it is what it is.

I'm from everywhere man because I'm an everywhere man....
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    2 weeks is better than nothing, but there should have been plans in place for that months ago and it shouldn't have been limited to China.

That there isn't discussion of planning for halting ALL inbound movement of people until the crisis is past is very telling.
    There should have been contingency plans in place long ago. The CDC.. especially... and other gubbamint agencies have been sleeping on their blow holes for too long. If this was something worse than what it is now, like a mutated haunta virus, ebola, etc.. there would be dead people everywhere by now. There should be some heads rolling once this is over, but the gubbamint surely won't investigate itself. I'll limit my scrutiny to this.
    Last edited by teufelhund1918; 03-31-20 at 09:56.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by teufelhund1918 View Post
    There should have been contingency plans in place long ago. The CDC.. especially... and other gubbamint agencies have been sleeping on their blow holes for too long. If this was something worse than what it is now, like a mutated haunta virus, ebola, etc.. there would be dead people everywhere by now. There should be some heads rolling once this is over, but the gubbamint surely won't investigate itself. I'll limit my scrutiny to this.
    Totally agree, but there has not been, and likely won't be. Allow me to rephrase, your honor: just about everywhere has a plan framework, so when it really happens you just fill in the blanks and off you go. Some hospitals and jurisdictions are doing better with this than others. The CDC is a partner institution and not the parent institution, so anyone hanging on their coattails get what they deserve. But like any plan (and those of us who served in the military know this), it doesn't survive first contact. It's really showing gaps and holes, and the better organizations (and jurisdictions) are adapting quickly.

But yeah, I agree, communications and leadership have been horrible, and on the other wise of this, they all need to be blown up and started from scratch, with new leadership.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    U.S. judge orders immediate release of ICE detainees at risk for coronavirus exposure in Pa. county prisons
    Surely they won't violate the shelter in place and social distancing diktats from our Governor.

Source: https://www.pennlive.com/news/2020/0...y-prisons.html
    Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    2 weeks is better than nothing, but there should have been plans in place for that months ago and it shouldn't have been limited to China.

That there isn't discussion of planning for halting ALL inbound movement of people until the crisis is past is very telling.
    You might be able to do it after this pandemic for the next pandemic, but if you would shut everything down at the beginning of March before we had even any cases you would’ve had an armed revolt on your hands. Look at the number of people that still don’t want to do these measures now. Granted we went to Val wants been able to have them off by now, but democracies never do things early and effective.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    You might be able to do it after this pandemic for the next pandemic, but if you would shut everything down at the beginning of March before we had even any cases you would’ve had an armed revolt on your hands. Look at the number of people that still don’t want to do these measures now. Granted we went to Val wants been able to have them off by now, but democracies never do things early and effective.
    Not talking about shutting down anything here. Once an epidimic pops up elsewhere, shut down all movement of people in to the US till the epidemic is over.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid Post View Post
    There is some "Darwin'ism" at work here with virus tourists. Unfortunately, they tend to take others down with them with health issues like this. Ignorance is bliss with some college students on Spring Break because they "have strong immune systems!" Really? How about your parents or children that live in the same apartment complex as you? I'm assuming they ignore their grandparents so, at least they are safe from some of the idiots.

I see it locally here in East Texas myself. A friend's sister who is a teacher was going "stir crazy" in their house in Dallas so decided it was a good weekend to spend time in the country at her brother's cabin. Of course, the shelter in place orders didn't mean much with her 'need' to take care of a rural farm property.
    Was her brother there? If not, what's the big deal?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    A group of over twenty students here at UT campus came back with Corona Virus from Cabo San Lucas.
    If you want some Martial law, that's how you get some Martial law
    Last edited by Averageman; 03-31-20 at 21:51.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    A group of over twenty students here at UT campus came back with Corona Virus from Cabo San Lucas.
    Nobody ever said Generation Z was smart.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

I'm from everywhere man because I'm an everywhere man....
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I'm sure this is happening all over the US on college campuses now after spring break. Ditto that on martial law. If people aren't smart enough to take care of their own and other's safety, then why would you not expect it. I really don't think we've seen the worse of this stuff yet. Funny to think that back in January they said not to worry as the chinese virus wasn't transmittable from human to human and now we are where we are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    Nobody ever said Generation Z was smart.
    To be fair, they have been lied to every day of their lives that they need to fear everything that isn't part of a statist utopia.

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast