Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Martial Law....it is what it is.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletdog View Post
    The only person I know who actually has this thing is in North Carolina. She's had lots of people coming and going from her busy household for two weeks, now and they are still coming and going right now.

It would sure be nice to blame this on one group or another, and isolate that group, but that just isn't reality.
    After reading the experiences people have had with diagnosed cases(that didn't end in death), I and several others suspect this is what we had over the last few months prior to this becoming a thing.

I'm from everywhere man because I'm an everywhere man....
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    This Chinese Virus has been floating around the world for 4-6 months. During that time, I'm sure that just about everyone has been exposed to it on one level or another. I wonder if the Chinese had just kept quiet about it, would they... the powers that be... just tally it up to a strain of the regular flu this year?
    Repression Is Nine Tenths The Law

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    I am sure no one would stop you from voluntarily paying in.
    Maybe you should join the Yang Gang or Bernie Bros if you just want to give everyone government bucks for nothing.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Life's a Hillary View Post
    Maybe you should join the Yang Gang or Bernie Bros if you just want to give everyone government bucks for nothing.
    I am assuming Andrew Yang and Sanders?

And also assuming your were rebuffing Business Casual over, "Are my taxes suspended during this? No. That’s everything you need to know."

If my assumptions are correct, that's funny.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I hate what is going on probably more than most, because I am bleeding money faster than the spread rate of the virus. I have people in places around the world, that were kept in those places to provide services to clients. The choice to stay was made by each of my employees, not by me. Now I can't get them out of a lot of the places. Now clients both private and governments have said due to corona we can't continue to pay.

So I am paying salaries, and per diem for as long as I can.

Now having all my facts on the table, I will continue.

First thank G-D, Trump is the president. He is showing leadership that is great.

May G-D give him the wisdom to know how to balance the threat to the economy and the threat to peoples lives.

I am so optimistic about Hydroxychloroquine and Zpack combination, that I don't worry any more. Of course other than how fast it can be manufactured. I 100% support giving everyone who wants to take Hydroxychloroquine prior to infection the drug, it will either keep you from getting the virus or make it so it is not a big deal if you get it.

This will get the country back to work. The economy is going to take off, like nothing the world has ever seen before and if we can get all this moving fast I think the stock market will break 30,000 before the election. This will get Trump relected in a landslide.

I also don't think that the bill stuck in Congress will be needed, if we can get the Hydroxychloroquine in the hands of the people fast enough.

I look at my partner in the EU, and my dear friend in Switzerland, and thank G-D I am in the USA at this time.

The USA has the greatest medical system in the world, that has risen to the challenge so far. But let's keep up with social distancing until we get the meds out there, so we don't crash the system.

We will go back to normal soon, the sky isn't falling.
    I know it's bad when I'm down 20.46% since 2/23/20 and I feel FORTUNATE it's not worse.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    After reading the experiences people have had with diagnosed cases(that didn't end in death), I and several others suspect this is what we had over the last few months prior to this becoming a thing.
    Yep. I had it back in early January (work in an airport). A week of misery followed by 4-5 weeks of dry cough, yet tested negative for the flu.

Overall I'm somewhat satisfied with the .gov's response, and anyone who knows me knows I'm not a big fan of big government. They're over-reacting in some areas and under-reacting in others, but on the balance it could be much worse. I'm mostly furious with the legislators playing political rugby with the response funding the past few days. That crap needs to stop post haste. All it's doing is driving our economy even further down, which means longer to recover.

I guess my biggest disappointment is personal. I'm a designated federal emergency response official. I should be deployed somewhere things are critical to help implement the National Response Framework. But no, I'm sitting here at the office with my thumb up my ass being told routine ops are shut down for social distancing purposes, but I can't telework because I'm FERO. It's just really frustrating feeling useless when I actually want to be useful.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by teufelhund1918 View Post
    This Chinese Virus has been floating around the world for 4-6 months. During that time, I'm sure that just about everyone has been exposed to it on one level or another. I wonder if the Chinese had just kept quiet about it, would they... the powers that be... just tally it up to a strain of the regular flu this year?
    This right here.

I'm 100% convinced that this has been here for a lot longer than we initially thought. As mentioned in the other thread about COVID-19, my grandfather passed this past January. He walked into the hospital with symptoms like COVID and was dead within 10 days. Looking back, he had all the same respiratory symptoms. My wife got a nasty fever and flu like symptoms in the following weeks, I got it, my sister got it. We were all there in the hospital when he passed.

And I'm not the only one saying things like this. I'm convinced this virus has been here since late fall- winter.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    So you're King for a day. What do you allow the media to report?
    A) nothing to see here, it's just the flu
    B) wash you hands and cover your mouth
    C) you could get sick, but its unlikely and no reason to change our social interactions (pointedly ignore questions about the number of ventilators, PPE, etc in hospitals) Spring breakers in crowds, enjoy the beach
    N) flatten the curve, social distancing
    O) mandatory work from home if possible
    R) shelter in place (like CA, NYC) essentials trips (grocery, meds, key jobs, etc) ok
    T) shelter in place with checkpoints because people are not abiding
    X) full martial law, curfews, and quarantine

Yeah, the media blathers. Some of it useful, some not.

But you either feel its important to flatten the curve or not.

I know many disparate people whose opinion I value who are taking this seriously. And then I watch organizational behavior. They're prepping for an unprecedented number of cases and deaths.

Hotels being leased, fenced, and becoming Federal quarantine facilities. State parks having the same done with FEMA trailers.

So either someone is convinced all the major countries in the world to participate in this giant scam or there is great risk.

I have friends in Italy, France, England, Scotland, etc who are dealing with this now. It is deadly serious. Now I have an employee in the US with parents who are infected.

So I'm a bit amazed to see people here who I thought were relatively switched on saying this is all a scam, a media inflated nothingburger, etc.

Does not mean go out and horde toilet paper. Or stop trucking.

But is there really anyone who thinks it's a good idea to keep international planes flying and borders open? Really? Please explain.

The problem is that the people who are not taking this seriously are going to increase infection rates, impacting all of us by over-running ventilator supply in the hospitals.
    Personally I'd be happy if they just reported the facts and kept repeating for people to stay home if at all possible and wash their hands, control coughs and maintain tactical spacing very 5 minutes. But noooo, they have to keep trying to put out fires with gasoline. Playing partisan dik dik games (all apologies to dik diks for the unflattering comparison), sensationalizing every aspect of the response and literally asking the stupidest questions ever know to man. It brings me to assume the media bobbleheads either have IQ's lower than room temperature, or they're so off the scales they have single digit common sense percentages. Regardless of the cause, they're literally more harmful than useful. Here's what they shuld be saying IMO:

• No Covid-19 isn't a bioweapon.
    • Yes it came from eating improperly prepared wild animals.
    • No it's not a plot to take down Trump.
    • Yes some people are using it as a means to damage Trump.
    • No it shouldn't be taken lightly.
    • Yes it's serious.
    • No you shouldn't hoard items you can't use in a year.
    • Yes you should have a reasonable supply to last say, as long as you might be sick if you get it.
    • No you shouldn't panic and sell all your stock.
    • Yes you should wash your hands you filthy animals.
    • No you shouldn't go anywhere or do anything you don't have to, unless there's zero chance you're going to come into contact with anyone else.
    • ?????

This is simple and not rocket surgery, yet I swear some Americans are bound and determined to prove we're a 3rd world country dressed in haute couture.
    Last edited by glocktogo; 03-24-20 at 15:00.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    There is a serology test already developed, so it should be known at some point.

Feedback Score
    I too am curious if I had it back in mid Feb. My 16yo daughter had something. Flu like symptoms but milder, low grade fever. Tested negative for Flu and strep. Dose of antibiotics that didn't work. Then I got it. I didn't go to the doctor but was better within a week except I've had dry cough that has lingered ever since. Wife ended up with what they called a respiratory infection a couple weeks after we had whatever it was my daughter and I had.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    We need to quarantine the problem. Seventy-five percent of the coronavirus cases are in NYC, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Seattle, parts of Illinois and New Jersey. Use the national guard and seal off those areas. Quarantine other areas as soon as they reach a certain number per population density. Leave the rest of us alone.
    Lol ok so huge areas closed, some not. Still no work since the NG is closing the area its going to be along with all the property that goes with that area. And those areas are just going to grow anyway

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast