Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Martial Law....it is what it is.

Feedback Score
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/29/us/da...rnd/index.html

Not sure on this. While a hide-e-hole in the outer banks doesn't make much sense from hurricane stand point. From a zombie apocalypse or something like this, it does make sense. I'd be a little pissed if I owned land down there and they told me I couldn't go to it. A 20 bed hospital is going to be sending people out anyways, even on a good day.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Well this Infantry 1SG sure as hell ain’t going house to house or any of that nonsense and I ain’t going to be sending any of my men to do it either.

Lack of operational vehicles sure helps in that regard lol.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by teufelhund1918 View Post
    Now that you mention schools being closed in your area, I remember back in early November that they shut down local schools in Southwestern Va and Kingsport Tn areas for around a week because of all the illnesses blamed on the flu virus. They just assumed it was the flu, but it was hot and heavy for a while. Makes me wonder now.
    You guys have to check the paranoia. It's been a pretty rough flu (and RSV!) season in my area this year.

As in, lab confirmed, not neighborhood scuttlebutt.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
    You guys have to check the paranoia. It's been a pretty rough flu (and RSV!) season in my area this year.

As in, lab confirmed, not neighborhood scuttlebutt.
    Some of the medical folks in the covid thread mentioned hospital workers having something several months back that didn't test as flu, but did meet plenty of covid details.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post

Not sure on this. While a hide-e-hole in the outer banks doesn't make much sense from hurricane stand point. From a zombie apocalypse or something like this, it does make sense. I'd be a little pissed if I owned land down there and they told me I couldn't go to it. A 20 bed hospital is going to be sending people out anyways, even on a good day.
    Have you ever been to the Outer Banks? Growing up we went down there 2-3 times a year, my old man was an avid windsurfer and surfer. It wasn’t all that long ago they got a hospital actually on the island. Before that, you either got flown to Elizabeth City for serious injuries or driven almost an hour away.

Now I don’t agree that property owners should be turned away, you should absolutely be allowed to access your property but I do think keeping tourists out isn’t a bad idea.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ironically a humvee was stolen from a Texas National Guard unit already and there has been a reward offered.
    Some old salty E-8 is eating breakfast off of it and having a hell of a laugh

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Some of the medical folks in the covid thread mentioned hospital workers having something several months back that didn't test as flu, but did meet plenty of covid details.
    I am very much trying to be rational & lucid about this..but common sense tells me this has been around for months now. Back in Nov, Dec, & Jan..way over half of my plant was out on a daily basis sick. We scrambled for an hour or more each morning just get enough people moved from one line to another to get production going. I personally know people who were extremely sick. All of that wasnt flu. As calm & so far unaffected as I am...I today give this about a 50/50 chance of turning into One Second After. IF we as a nation, or planet, are now hit with yet another virus/disease...or a natural disaster..and/or some kind of enemy military action...what Im sayin if one more BIG thing hits now, or a few more minor ones...I believe we are looking at some seriously here-to-fore science fiction stuff.
    Again- Im sittin here happy as a rat in a corn crib, and spiritually speaking, were I to die today Im good, so not worried about death for myself.
    But, while Im still a citizen of Earth I dont want to have to endure, or see my family & friends and fellow citizens endure, what all many think could happen.
    And gents..think of this...how would it be, now, today, if Killary were in? Bernie? Biden? Or their ilk? I really think about that, and I dont like what I see.
    Last edited by Straight Shooter; 03-29-20 at 21:22.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post

Good luck keeping me from my legally owned property.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Shouldn't there have been a spike in SARS and deaths as well?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Shouldn't there have been a spike in SARS and deaths as well?
    One of the members here mentioned his grandfather dying back in January so maybe?

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast