Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Martial Law....it is what it is.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    To be fair, they have been lied to every day of their lives that they need to fear everything that isn't part of a statist utopia.
    ^^^QFT
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    A group of over twenty students here at UT campus came back with Corona Virus from Cabo San Lucas.
    If you want some Martial law, that's how you get some Martial law
    Our county's number of positive cases doubled in the early days, just from a group of university students who came back from Europe (not vacay, but for a class). Now that we are a couple weeks out from spring breaks, I would imagine we'll see more clusters like this.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Was her brother there? If not, what's the big deal?
    No he was out of state and the cabin was sitting empty. I watch the property for him and when he has time off, he comes out here to fish and generally enjoy life.

Teachers traveling ~150 miles (each way) across at least two shelter in place orders requiring 'travel papers' is questionable IMHO. High exposure rates to all sectors of society through children at school and violating shelter-in-place orders is questionable at best. I don't want to see Texas become New York.

How hard is it for a married couple to stay in an average 3 bedroom 2 bath house with a front and backyard for ~2 weeks? If people keep spreading this virus to rural areas, where will it end? Now add all the 'innocents' they don't see that run into to them and that they run into. Where does it end?

Is it really too much to ask that people self-isolate for a few weeks so they don't kill others out of total ignorance?

I can sort of see it slightly differently if you are a family with kids in a small apartment with no private yard. People with money and privilege have options the less fortunate do not have. So yes, if they were walking around the block with 'safe separation from others', I would be fine with that but, crossing stay-at-home zones for no LEGITIMATE REASON is a poor choice IMHO.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    Nobody ever said Generation Z was smart.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    To be fair, they have been lied to every day of their lives that they need to fear everything that isn't part of a statist utopia.
    Being brain washed in college and by peers and parents looking for free handouts helps about as much as ensuring everyone gets a 'participation trophy'.

AOC wasn't born and raised in a vacuum. Is it really surprising when major media outlets supported the false statement that Bloomberg's political campaign could have given every citizen ~$1500? If they can't do grade school math, are we really surprised at huge student debts for worthless college degrees (in an economic sense)? So, again big surprise as they travel for Spring Break and come 'home' to spread Coronavirus.

And no, I'm not for indiscriminate 'tarring and feathering' everyone. Some people had really good reasons to travel and be out and about, others did not (i.e. virus tourists as one example of many).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Bingo

"The coronavirus just created a new dictator in Europe and has emboldened the toxic behavior of authoritarians worldwide"

https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...rldwide-2020-4
    Last edited by jsbhike; 04-02-20 at 11:07.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122