Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Martial Law....it is what it is.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Do you want a boogaloo? Cause this is how you get a boogaloo.

I always wanted a 249 :-)
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post

exactly.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    What many people are experiencing a sensationalized pandemic... and they are addicted to it.
    Media Pandemonium Virus, will kill us FASTER than the Wuhan Flu...
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    Media Pandemonium Virus, will kill us FASTER than the Wuhan Flu...
    So you're King for a day. What do you allow the media to report?
    A) nothing to see here, it's just the flu
    B) wash you hands and cover your mouth
    C) you could get sick, but its unlikely and no reason to change our social interactions (pointedly ignore questions about the number of ventilators, PPE, etc in hospitals) Spring breakers in crowds, enjoy the beach
    N) flatten the curve, social distancing
    O) mandatory work from home if possible
    R) shelter in place (like CA, NYC) essentials trips (grocery, meds, key jobs, etc) ok
    T) shelter in place with checkpoints because people are not abiding
    X) full martial law, curfews, and quarantine

Yeah, the media blathers. Some of it useful, some not.

But you either feel its important to flatten the curve or not.

I know many disparate people whose opinion I value who are taking this seriously. And then I watch organizational behavior. They're prepping for an unprecedented number of cases and deaths.

Hotels being leased, fenced, and becoming Federal quarantine facilities. State parks having the same done with FEMA trailers.

So either someone is convinced all the major countries in the world to participate in this giant scam or there is great risk.

I have friends in Italy, France, England, Scotland, etc who are dealing with this now. It is deadly serious. Now I have an employee in the US with parents who are infected.

So I'm a bit amazed to see people here who I thought were relatively switched on saying this is all a scam, a media inflated nothingburger, etc.

Does not mean go out and horde toilet paper. Or stop trucking.

But is there really anyone who thinks it's a good idea to keep international planes flying and borders open? Really? Please explain.

The problem is that the people who are not taking this seriously are going to increase infection rates, impacting all of us by over-running ventilator supply in the hospitals.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    exactly.
    Doubt anything will happen if there was martial law. There's no where to go now and most people are already sitting home so they're just going to continue isit home anyway. What else are they going to do?
    Last edited by Arik; 03-21-20 at 11:25.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Doubt anything will happen if there was martial law. There's no where to go now and most people are already sitting home so they're just going to continue isit home anyway. What else are they going to do?
    Right up until the criminal element see the great opportunity.
    I would predict there are a lot of people getting ready to break some glass as we post here.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would predict there are a lot of people getting ready to break some glass as we post here.
    If people are sitting at home the criminal element would be breaking into full houses or empty businesses

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    If people are sitting at home the criminal element would be breaking into full houses or empty businesses
    And they will

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Possibly. I imagine low risk targets of opportunity first. I think we’re going to need a serious disruption in the food supply chain before they get too froggy. The hungrier they get, the bigger the risk they’re willing to take.

Feedback Score

DOJ seeks new emergency powers amid coronavirus pandemic

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...-powers-140023

The Justice Department has quietly asked Congress for the ability to ask chief judges to detain people indefinitely without trial during emergencies — part of a push for new powers that comes as the coronavirus spreads through the United States.

A Justice Department spokesperson declined to comment on the documents.
    The move has tapped into a broader fear among civil liberties advocates and Donald Trump’s critics — that the president will use a moment of crisis to push for controversial policy changes. Already, he has cited the pandemic as a reason for heightening border restrictions and restricting asylum claims. He has also pushed for further tax cuts as the economy withers, arguing that it would soften the financial blow to Americans. And even without policy changes, Trump has vast emergency powers that he could legally deploy right now to try and slow the coronavirus outbreak.
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast