Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: AMMO? (GUN/AMMO SHORTAGES, DISCUSSION HERE)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

AMMO?

Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    I have heard the biggest issue is a part of the "projectile" getting stuck in the barrel which is why break actions are usually "recommended" so it is easier to verify clear between shots.

Not the best option, but if it is the only ad hoc option it is like anything else in being good to know.
    What I’ve seen is that the cut’s are ineffective and the round fires as normal, then during extraction the round is ripped in half, leaving the cut portion in the chamber and making the gun inoperable.

Realisticly, any way you look at it, the “hillbilly slug” is just a bad idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyohte View Post
    What I’ve seen is that the cut’s are ineffective and the round fires as normal, then during extraction the round is ripped in half, leaving the cut portion in the chamber and making the gun inoperable.

I don't disagree and would never advocate for something so hillbilly, however I've seen many whitetail taken with them over the years, especially in the 80's and 90's.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyohte View Post

Cut it all the way thru, insert upper half first then insert brass half.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I called my bullet guy asked him to look into three thousand 308 NATO. Called back last night said zero problems sourcing it, but it was 67 cents a round. Wanted 2300.00 for it. I'm have lots and lots of ammo, so it's not needed. Just thought I'd inquire.

We recently did some trading, I ponied up one of my AR180s," Costa Mesa" for one of his BM59s. " origional" we're both happy. Found a deal on 20 BM mags, snapped em up.

I've gone back to carrying battle rifles, recently changed out my truck gun, for a chopped FNFAL. High plains here, 4200 ft.

Several months ago started building m4s again. What was the best kit 10 years ago, now seems to have a lot of competition.

Three on the bench, awaiting A-5 vltor recoil systems. I'm having a tough time sourcing good parts. Ever body must be building.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Paul Harrell has some videos up on the effects of various shot loads(and rifle/pistol) on residential walls. He isn't making recommendations, just demonstrating effects so folks can make a better informed decision.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6Q...68zynSa0hZy9uQ

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    I’m not an elitist cuck that was raised with a silver spoon, we ate what my daddy killed or caught most of the time and I can see my time at M4C is dwindling down to the short rows.
    You aren’t the only one who grew up dirt poor, and I can understand what you mean. HOWEVER..... insinuating that everyone else is a silver spooned cuck, is no better than “hillbilly” comments.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    You aren’t the only one who grew up dirt poor, and I can understand what you mean. HOWEVER..... insinuating that everyone else is a silver spooned cuck, is no better than “hillbilly” comments.
    I was pointing that at a specific couple, wasn’t aiming at everyone. However, with the utmost respect for you sir, you may take it how you want it.

I always thought M4C was the cream of the crop, never been to any other forum until recently. The uber elitist thing chaps me and I’m not an as good as guy either...

My well worn main BCM is wearing its aimpoint between fixed irons with a surefire @ 12:00 just like Mr Vickers approves of and nothing else but my old beat to shit 870 has the old shell bag still hanging on it full of #6s, a squirrel call and a uncle Henry in there just for ringin’ shells. It ain’t dangerous, stupid or bad, it does however flat work when needed.

Shotshells are the best all around food getters to stock. Bought 5 more cases day before yesterday at academy, even 2 cases of 3 1/8 dram #6s.

I have a feeling some of the old ways are gonna make a come back in the next years for those who survive the beer flu, hopefully I’m wrong and y’all don’t have to learn that the squirrel back is the best part.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    I was pointing that at a specific couple, wasn’t aiming at everyone. However, with the utmost respect for you sir, you may take it how you want it.

I always thought M4C was the cream of the crop, never been to any other forum until recently. The uber elitist thing chaps me and I’m not an as good as guy either...

My well worn main BCM is wearing its aimpoint between fixed irons with a surefire @ 12:00 just like Mr Vickers approves of and nothing else but my old beat to shit 870 has the old shell bag still hanging on it full of #6s, a squirrel call and a uncle Henry in there just for ringin’ shells. It ain’t dangerous, stupid or bad, it does however flat work when needed.

Shotshells are the best all around food getters to stock. Bought 5 more cases day before yesterday at academy, even 2 cases of 3 1/8 dram #6s.

I have a feeling some of the old ways are gonna make a come back in the next years for those who survive the beer flu, hopefully I’m wrong and y’all don’t have to learn that the squirrel back is the best part.
    You keep mentioning squirrels when you talk about cut shells, which has me a little confused. Could you elaborate on that association?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    You keep mentioning squirrels when you talk about cut shells, which has me a little confused. Could you elaborate on that association?
    Shoot a nest with bird shot first then knock it out with a cut shell.

Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast