Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: AMMO? (GUN/AMMO SHORTAGES, DISCUSSION HERE)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Every year I order 5,000 rounds of 9mm and 5,000 rounds of 5.56 as a baseline. I put this ammo in cans and label them by date purchased, type and cost- just for grins... If there are really good deals etc- as there have been for the last 3 years...I order more...

Had a class two weekends ago. Went to my ammo locker. Pulled out a .30 cal can of 9mm- 1,250 rounds.... Remington UMC, purchased from Walmart in 2006. $7/50. I have at least a 14 year supply of ammo at current consumption rates....
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    crazy times. Target Sports had speer in stock this morning for the first time since this all started. it was all gone by lunchtime. duty ammo remained. clearly people don't plan. I don't suspect a ton of new gun owners are buying by the case either. they're probably buying a box or two as allowed at the time of their new gun purchase.

my father always taught us the P's. Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance. others need to learn it i guess.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tmwtrfwler View Post
    crazy times. Target Sports had speer in stock this morning for the first time since this all started. it was all gone by lunchtime. duty ammo remained. clearly people don't plan. I don't suspect a ton of new gun owners are buying by the case either. they're probably buying a box or two as allowed at the time of their new gun purchase.

my father always taught us the P's. Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance. others need to learn it i guess.
    I actually had an order with them (Target Sports) on March 4th that they cancelled and reimbursed me for. I used to get Armscor 62gr and PPU 308 for cheap through them. At the time I didn't even realize there was a buying panic until a week or so later.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    I actually had an order with them (Target Sports) on March 4th that they cancelled and reimbursed me for. I used to get Armscor 62gr and PPU 308 for cheap through them. At the time I didn't even realize there was a buying panic until a week or so later.
    why did they cancel?

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    I’ve seen an increase in dealer cost on ammo across the board, some of it is substantial. We used to sell S&B 9mm 115gr for 8.49. Box, I can’t even buy it at that price anymore.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    why did they cancel?
    That is odd, since I'm pretty sure they have real-time inventory tracking. I've lost count of the times they've had Ranger in stock and it's gone before I can even check out. I haven't really noticed their prices being higher, so I doubt it was that.

Feedback Score
    why did they cancel?
    My exact email from them.

Dear *****,
    We are very sorry to inform you that your order ****** has been voided and full refund has been issued back to the Credit Card you've used to make the purchase.

If you have any further questions, please call us at 1-860-426-9886

Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm

Thank you for your support

Team Target Sports USA
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    why did they cancel?
    I'm wondering if imports might be slowing down at the moment because of the virus?
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

This is actually at least the third time they’ve had it in stock since the beginning. I used to order it for around $180-185 I think, then it jumped to $220ish. Today it was listed over $250.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    That's what companies do.

If they think they can get more for it theyll cancel existing orders then raise the price.

Or have the product show low numbers then out of stock to encourage buying. Over and over as the price climbs.

Both work.

Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast