Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: AMMO? (GUN/AMMO SHORTAGES, DISCUSSION HERE)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    IF possible- could you post a pic or two of that Montgomery Ward ammo? I collect old ammo boxes, and Id love to see it.
    MAYBE even buy one box?
    I going to Santa Fe early tomorrow, but when I get back, I'll go into my ammo pantry and pull some of it out.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Maybe because you were one of those "its just the flu" bros and didnt stock up beforehand?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    I going to Santa Fe early tomorrow, but when I get back, I'll go into my ammo pantry and pull some of it out.
    Thats awesome, brother- thank you so much.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Anyone panic buying ammo at this stage is just Stage 87 Retarded.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Anyone panic buying ammo at this stage is just Stage 87 Retarded.
    Yep, if someone had bought just a single box of 5.56 every payday over the last 5 years of they would be sitting on 2600 rounds. At this point my grand kids will be shooting my ammo long after I am gone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    I bought Western Auto branded ammo and I believe Coast to Coast hardware branded in NM in the early 70s. I might still have a box of that somewhere..

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I managed to grab 1k 9mm and 1k Wolf Gold .223 just before things went nuts. Just range ammo. I make a large number of small ammo purchases throughout the year, interspersed with several larger ones when I have extra funds so I was planning on waiting for my tax refund to buy but ended up jumping on my purchase early because there were starting to be some worrying signs of an impending ammo panic. Good thing too because I got my refund this past Wednesday and if I had waited I’d have been screwed.
    I really wish I had managed to grab another 200-300 rounds or so of XM193 to refill some mags but wasn’t able to before things went sideways. I still have a bunch but don’t like dropping below a certain level.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    People that have never owned a gun before are the ones buying up all the ammo. I think they have finally came to the realization that in times of trouble your own your own in regards to self defense. I figure once the panic is over and life resumes back to normalcy those folks will probably dump their guns (like idiots) and might be able to pick up some decent deals.

Go to GunBroker and look at how much 9MM Ammo is going for.
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sig1473 View Post
    J&G has jacked up their prices on 223. Remember the Norma Tactical that was under $300/1,000rds a couple weeks ago? They got it now for a mere $349.90/500rds.
    Westernsport has Federal XM193 for $1/round. I have a hard time believing people are really paying that or things are a lot worse than I think.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoochild View Post
    People that have never owned a gun before are the ones buying up all the ammo. I think they have finally came to the realization that in times of trouble your own your own in regards to self defense. I figure once the panic is over and life resumes back to normalcy those folks will probably dump their guns (like idiots) and might be able to pick up some decent deals.

Go to GunBroker and look at how much 9MM Ammo is going for.
    I'm not seeing that. So far all the new owners have bought nothing but a few boxes. On the other hand, guys who have basements full of ammo are/were buying cases at a time.

My logic has always been I have what I have. I don't panic buy, I don't run out and wait in lines all day, I'm not maxing out credit cards or just spending more money. It is what it is.
    Last edited by Arik; 03-21-20 at 07:28.

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast