Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: AMMO? (GUN/AMMO SHORTAGES, DISCUSSION HERE)

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I have more than I need and would unload a few if the price was right but I've been buying more ammo the last few years, for the long haul. I wouldn't sell ammo, ever, but a few extra guns, maybe? Even that would be hard, especially if I thought I couldn't replace them, ever.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Hmmm......maybe that unfired Colt "2013" SOCOM that is U.S. Government Property marked will allow me to rape someone who wasn't prepared but just has to have a Colt.
    Oh man, thats a nest egg right there!
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    I am afraid that $.30/round or less for 5.56 is a thing of the past. Not sure we will see that again.
    Yeah cheapest I can find for new brass case 5.56 is .33 a round, and that’s dealer cost...
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    Attachment 61632

A portion of a larger order of Federal 556 62g ordered on Tuesday last week and received 8 of those cases (13,440 rounds) today, 4/7/2020. A few friends and I ordered 90,000 rounds total and split the cost at.28 cents/round. We ordered direct from Federal. I should be getting a total of 21,840 rounds (13 cases) by the end of this week or early next week.

We were originally trying or purchase half a million rounds but got what we could. We were thinking that in the future (2-3 months), there would be a shortage on not only ammo used for personal use, but ammo that is considered low quality as well. Are intentions were to assemble our own 100-200 round packs and sell to LGS's, but we are thinking that the current artificially inflated prices on ammo might stick around for some time (6-12 months) or the demand for ammo might drive up the price to around .50-.60 cents a round retail.- Hopefully I'm wrong. So we are going to hold on to what we have until we get a better feel for the current conditions.

I have found that typical good quality range ammo is hard to find, even the cheep stuff that's decent quality, in fact, I haven't seen much of the low grade ammo from distributors or LGS's.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    On a much more positive note Target Sports had Winchester Ranger T 9 mm 147 Grain yesterday for $439/1k shipped. When standard ball training ammo is running $350 a case, that's pretty damn good!
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    Just an update, I did put in an order for more 308 on April 3rd as that is what I lack the most. Outdoor Limited says that it should ship today or tomorrow.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    So is the buying panic starting to subside?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    So is the buying panic starting to subside?
    Dunno but my order from Target Sports is just now being shipped. Ordered 3/21

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    On a much more positive note Target Sports had Winchester Ranger T 9 mm 147 Grain yesterday for $439/1k shipped. When standard ball training ammo is running $350 a case, that's pretty damn good!
    Was it actual Ranger T (RA9T) or the SXT? I mistakenly ordered some thinking it was RA9T and checked later to find it was SXT - lot of conjecture, but I do not believe they’re the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Dunno but my order from Target Sports is just now being shipped. Ordered 3/21
    I placed a pretty small order (Prime - free shipping) on 3/24 and I’m still waiting.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    Attachment 61632

A portion of a larger order of Federal 556 62g ordered on Tuesday last week and received 8 of those cases (13,440 rounds) today, 4/7/2020. A few friends and I ordered 90,000 rounds total and split the cost at.28 cents/round. We ordered direct from Federal. I should be getting a total of 21,840 rounds (13 cases) by the end of this week or early next week.

We were originally trying or purchase half a million rounds but got what we could. We were thinking that in the future (2-3 months), there would be a shortage on not only ammo used for personal use, but ammo that is considered low quality as well. Are intentions were to assemble our own 100-200 round packs and sell to LGS's, but we are thinking that the current artificially inflated prices on ammo might stick around for some time (6-12 months) or the demand for ammo might drive up the price to around .50-.60 cents a round retail.- Hopefully I'm wrong. So we are going to hold on to what we have until we get a better feel for the current conditions.

I have found that typical good quality range ammo is hard to find, even the cheep stuff that's decent quality, in fact, I haven't seen much of the low grade ammo from distributors or LGS's.
    Are you planning to shoot all of that ammo or just bought for resale? Just curious.

Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast