Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: AMMO? (GUN/AMMO SHORTAGES, DISCUSSION HERE)

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    I highly doubt there are any first time buyers who are buying 25 acp.
    I wouldn't go that far necessarily, especially for those on a budget. When the cheap(er), larger caliber pistols like Hi Points and Centuries run out, people will start buying whatever they can. If that happens to be a Phoenix Arms or Taurus in .25 ACP, most first time gun buyers aren't going to know "maybe we should up caliber to something slightly more effective than a spitwad."

Now, I doubt very seriously many or most are going to start buying ammo by the case. But I think you underestimate how shady some sales people will be in telling first time buyers "oh, it's perfectly fine for defense!" when there's nothing else on the shelves.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    I wouldn't go that far necessarily, especially for those on a budget. When the cheap(er), larger caliber pistols like Hi Points and Centuries run out, people will start buying whatever they can. If that happens to be a Phoenix Arms or Taurus in .25 ACP, most first time gun buyers aren't going to know "maybe we should up caliber to something slightly more effective than a spitwad."

Now, I doubt very seriously many or most are going to start buying ammo by the case. But I think you underestimate how shady some sales people will be in telling first time buyers "oh, it's perfectly fine for defense!" when there's nothing else on the shelves.
    And there is always inheritance. Not everyone that isn't a shooter runs off to pawn Papaws Baby Browning.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    This, this 100 times!
    If you didn't decide reloading was the answer to you problems last time, you're just wrong.
    Never gonna happen. I'd rather pay stupid prices. In fact if it comes l down to either reloading or never having any ammo ever again then you'd see all my stuff for sale. It's one of those things I cannot sit still for. I despise monotonous work especially when it has to be carefully done.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Never gonna happen. I'd rather pay stupid prices. In fact if it comes l down to either reloading or never having any ammo ever again then you'd see all my stuff for sale. It's one of those things I cannot sit still for. I despise monotonous work especially when it has to be carefully done.
    Years of Police Call cured me of that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    True for me as well!

It's a whole-nuther hobby that requires alot of time, thought, and even once set up you can't half-ass it while doing anything else.

Still have to acquire and store components.

It really is not for everyone.

Probably best for those who have more time than money, those heavy into competition (50k rounds a year, etc), or precision rifle shooters.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Those are my hopes....get some ammo and guns on discount.

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoochild View Post
    People that have never owned a gun before are the ones buying up all the ammo. I think they have finally came to the realization that in times of trouble your own your own in regards to self defense. I figure once the panic is over and life resumes back to normalcy those folks will probably dump their guns (like idiots) and might be able to pick up some decent deals.

Go to GunBroker and look at how much 9MM Ammo is going for.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    True for me as well!

It's a whole-nuther hobby that requires alot of time, thought, and even once set up you can't half-ass it while doing anything else.

Still have to acquire and store components.

It really is not for everyone.

Probably best for those who have more time than money, those heavy into competition (50k rounds a year, etc), or precision rifle shooters.
    Multi tasking for much of it helps.
    Brass tumbling doesn't require a lot of attention, depriming, you can watch TV. It's all relative to what else you have to do.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    This, this 100 times!
    If you didn't decide reloading was the answer to you problems last time, you're just wrong.
    I already reloaded back then. That silliness made me decide that bullet casting was a good idea, along with a side order of cap & ball revolver. However I did not get motivated enough to even think about making my own black powder like some of the guys on one forum...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    Yep, if someone had bought just a single box of 5.56 every payday over the last 5 years of they would be sitting on 2600 rounds. At this point my grand kids will be shooting my ammo long after I am gone.
    That would work for many of the members here, but some of us actually shoot in addition to posting. My grandkids already shoot enough of my ammo, I have a hard time keeping up, they turn 18, they're on their own. I have a hard enough time keeping up with my usage.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 03-21-20 at 12:30.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Just because , I went to SG Ammo`s site and they are not accepting any new orders and have taken down pricing . Said they are concentrating on getting orders out and getting inventory in .

Really lucky I beat the rush and received my last order 4 days ago . I`ll be doing a lot more dry fire and less range time .

Looks like everyone is in full panic mode now ...... and I have never seen my neighborhood so quite with no one outside at all .

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast