Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: AMMO? (GUN/AMMO SHORTAGES, DISCUSSION HERE)

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    I was pointing that at a specific couple, wasn’t aiming at everyone. However, with the utmost respect for you sir, you may take it how you want it.

I always thought M4C was the cream of the crop, never been to any other forum until recently. The uber elitist thing chaps me and I’m not an as good as guy either...

My well worn main BCM is wearing its aimpoint between fixed irons with a surefire @ 12:00 just like Mr Vickers approves of and nothing else but my old beat to shit 870 has the old shell bag still hanging on it full of #6s, a squirrel call and a uncle Henry in there just for ringin’ shells. It ain’t dangerous, stupid or bad, it does however flat work when needed.

Shotshells are the best all around food getters to stock. Bought 5 more cases day before yesterday at academy, even 2 cases of 3 1/8 dram #6s.

I have a feeling some of the old ways are gonna make a come back in the next years for those who survive the beer flu, hopefully I’m wrong and y’all don’t have to learn that the squirrel back is the best part.
    Ryan, if you have an issue with someone here, take it to PM or contact a mod/staff member. Or use the Report Post button, that has always worked.

You will find that most members here don't like being referred to as uber elitists, hillbillys or cucks.

So how about we dial back the rhetoric, and go back to polite conversations about ammo?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Ryan, if you have an issue with someone here, take it to PM or contact a mod/staff member. Or use the Report Post button, that has always worked.

You will find that most members here don't like being referred to as uber elitists, hillbillys or cucks.

So how about we dial back the rhetoric, and go back to polite conversations about ammo?
    Will do.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    SGAmmo has apparently opened back up from the backorders. However, this was posted on their site:

Due to the danger from the Coronavirus, SGAmmo has sent all employees who have been deemed to be at higher risk on 2 weeks paid leave, leaving us with approximately 25% of our normal work force. We will be running a skeleton crew for the immediate future, however this greatly reduces our capacity to pick, pack and ship orders and we will only be listing very limited selections of ammo for sale until things return to normal. There will be times when no products are listed, but options will come and go as capacity allows. Orders placed at this time are expected to ship Monday the 30th, Tuesday the 31st or Wednesday the 1st.
    Limited supplies of 5.56, 9mm and .45 ACP minly premium stuff and some bulk 7.62x39 ammo.

Ammo2Go seems to have decent stocks back in, though a few are priced higher than normal. Same thing with Ammoman. J&G Sales seems to have fairly normal prices, though shipping it delayed by a week and they are wiped out of .45 ACP.

Just for giggles, Cheaper than Dirt has some bulk ammo back in. WWB 55 grain .223, $399 for a thousand. Seems like they brought their prices back down again. Still won't buy from them.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    SGAmmo has apparently opened back up from the backorders. However, this was posted on their site:

Limited supplies of 5.56, 9mm and .45 ACP minly premium stuff and some bulk 7.62x39 ammo.

Ammo2Go seems to have decent stocks back in, though a few are priced higher than normal. Same thing with Ammoman. J&G Sales seems to have fairly normal prices, though shipping it delayed by a week and they are wiped out of .45 ACP.

Just for giggles, Cheaper than Dirt has some bulk ammo back in. WWB 55 grain .223, $399 for a thousand. Seems like they brought their prices back down again. Still won't buy from them.
    Wow I'm actually shocked at CTD. Only $400!?! For them that's like giving away for free

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Shoot a nest with bird shot first then knock it out with a cut shell.
    Thank you for clarification. Personally, I tend to put rodents on the table via 22lr.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Wow I'm actually shocked at CTD. Only $400!?! For them that's like giving away for free
    Far better than the buck a round they were asking for the green tip last week.

Still wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    Far better than the buck a round they were asking for the green tip last week.

Still wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.
    Somewhere on an old cell phone I have a pic from their McKinney Texas store with PMAG's stamped at the low everyday price of $99.99 each.

"No, we do not charge a hundred bucks a magazine..."

Feedback Score
    I've never been put-off around here by folks with lots of tactical and law enforcement experience. This place has never come across as being elitist.

As far as my pre-Army background, I was rural middle class who needed an Army Scholarship to pay for college. My family were common as dirt, but with the notoriety as being one of New Mexico's first families. I have more in common with salt-of-the-earth folks than high dollar people, but I can operate in all social circles. One of my best country associates from my Army days was a First Sergeant from Appalachia. He always talked about eating Boiled Hoot Owl. Never got the chance to sample that delicacy, but I'd eat it if that was on the table at his home.

Speaking of ammo, I need another 1000 rounds of Lake City XM193.....
    Last edited by OH58D; 03-28-20 at 21:33.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    I've never been put-off around here by folks with lots of tactical and law enforcement experience. This place has never come across as being elitist.

As far as my pre-Army background, I was rural middle class who needed an Army Scholarship to pay for college. My family were common as dirt, but with the notoriety as being one of New Mexico's first families. I have more in common with salt-of-the-earth folks than high dollar people, but I can operate in all social circles. One of my best country associates from my Army days was a First Sergeant from Appalachia. He always talked about eating Boiled Hoot Owl. Never got the chance to sample that delicacy, but I'd eat it if that was on the table at his home.

Speaking of ammo, I need another 1000 rounds of Lake City XM193.....
    It's not like I have a minigun or anything, but 1000 rounds, especially if you have a couple of adults around, can be a nice range day. 10 mags each? Not crazy.

I order in threes, and I'm sure some might think "Why bother" even at that level.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    As I was going out for a quick range trip Saturday, I noticed I was getting low on 9mm JHP (apparently I burned through a lot of the HSTs I had). I have an order for HSTs outstanding from Target Sports, but they're saying 15 days to ship. I happened to find Win Ranger Bonded at CTD, saying "in stock", and they were only $24/50. No idea why it's priced pretty attractively, but I ordered 4 boxes. We'll see if I get it. It might end up being the "Z" stuff that SGAmmo has, which I haven't had any problems with, but it's not advertised as such.

The only 5.56 they had was belted Magtech at like $700 for 900 rounds.

Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast