Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: AMMO? (GUN/AMMO SHORTAGES, DISCUSSION HERE)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sig1473 View Post
    J&G has jacked up their prices on 223. Remember the Norma Tactical that was under $300/1,000rds a couple weeks ago? They got it now for a mere $349.90/500rds.
    You should check out Cheap then Dirt! They have 55gr for $900/1000rds

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAlsatian View Post
    I bought Western Auto branded ammo and I believe Coast to Coast hardware branded in NM in the early 70s. I might still have a box of that somewhere..
    Oh man, I too bought tons of that...but have no boxes. Pics would be great.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    I bought a case of my preferred .25 acp because it went on sale. A week later the current panic hit and that same ammo was up about 35%.

And that isnt because first time buyers (or nearly anyone) are hunting for .25 acp.

But yea, this panic, like that on food and TP, is stupid.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    You should check out Cheap then Dirt! They have 55gr for $900/1000rds
    Wow. I'm thinking about unloading some PMC Bronze I have stashed.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    People at least are just buying the cheap range stuff. There was only a slight shortage of JHP round for pistol ammo when I was at the store the other day, and good quality 5.56 stuff like Mk318 was still available. Yeah, you pay a little more, but most people aren't going to the range in this crisis, so I'm not worried about cheap training stuff right now anyway.
    Consider yourself lucky. Locally, even the higher end defensive ammo is gone. 5.56, 9mm, .40, .45, and even .380 have completely disappeared from the local Academy, or are relegated to a box or two tucked out of the way so they get passed over. Couple other stores are the same way, either completely sold out of 9mm and maybe 5.56, or down to just plinking ammo.

I was still in the process of stocking up on 9mm defensive loads (just added a 9mm to the stable last month) and this scare hit before I had enough stocked away for my liking. Whoops.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I'm stocked up on all my ammo except for .380. Got caught with my pants down. I think I've got 1 box of plinker and 1 box of JHP. I only have 1 gun(Sig 230) that shoots it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    I bought a case of my preferred .25 acp because it went on sale. A week later the current panic hit and that same ammo was up about 35%.

And that isnt because first time buyers (or nearly anyone) are hunting for .25 acp.

But yea, this panic, like that on food and TP, is stupid.
    I highly doubt there are any first time buyers who are buying 25 acp.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I'm not seeing that. So far all the new owners have bought nothing but a few boxes. On the other hand, guys who have basements full of ammo are/were buying cases at a time.

My logic has always been I have what I have. I don't panic buy, I don't run out and wait in lines all day, I'm not maxing out credit cards or just spending more money. It is what it is.
    This. Ammo NEVER even occurred to me when this "scare the morons" propaganda started gaining steam.

I'm all about having a nice stash of ammo, but wouldn't be trying to get that done now.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I am of the “small amount every month” mindset. No panic, no rush. I reload as well and have plenty of primers and powder. Sandy Hook was my wake up call.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by duece71 View Post
    I am of the “small amount every month” mindset. No panic, no rush. I reload as well and have plenty of primers and powder. Sandy Hook was my wake up call.
    This, this 100 times!
    If you didn't decide reloading was the answer to you problems last time, you're just wrong.

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast