Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Auto sales in the current climate

Feedback Score
    I don't buy cars really. I have driven company vehicles for years, just a standard thing in my industry. My personal truck is a 1993 Ram at 200,000 mi. I like a lot of the newer cars, just not enough to pay for one. Not enough benefit for the cost.

If I was to see a good enough deal, I might buy. I can see myself justifying a little based on "helping the economy". I really like those new Jeep Gladiators.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    My '07 Commander keeps putting along... but if the deals are good enough, a Hemi-powered 300 or Grand Cherokee might be worth it, after all the dust settles - if the deals are good enough.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    With what might happen to the economy later there would need to be one hell of a deal for me to buy a car now and have payments for the next 5 years.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    With what might happen to the economy later there would need to be one hell of a deal for me to buy a car now and have payments for the next 5 years.
    There have been crazy deals following market crashes before. I remember a vehicle I paid 14k for spring of 2008 selling for 7k a year later.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    That’s where I am at. I have been eyeballing the deals on F-150’s but at this point am leery of 5 years of payments.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Im hoping these deals are still around this summer. I need to buy my wife a car, but cant do it until at least July as we are building a house... no clue if we will be able to close on the house as the housing market has come to a screeching halt(hopefully temporarily), but I cant do shit for a car until at least then.

Feedback Score
    Around here I am seeing offers of 72 to 84 months at 0%, no payments for 6 months, and one dealer is offering to pay your mortgage or rent fir 2 months. I'm not buying, but damn.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    Im in the market, but waiting for things to get moving again. I only buy used, but hope low new prices carry over i to the used market.

Fwiw, the supply chain seems to be full. Oems, shut down, their suppliers built inventory and shut down, new we are shut down (tier 3 supplier).
    Last edited by MegademiC; 04-04-20 at 18:40.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    Around here I am seeing offers of 72 to 84 months at 0%, no payments for 6 months, and one dealer is offering to pay your mortgage or rent fir 2 months. I'm not buying, but damn.
    Same here. Chrysler had an add on TV last night. 0% for 84 months and they will do the deal online since all of the dealers are closed here.
    Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    I saw a rumor somewhere, forgot where, that a part of the next stimulus package there would be a new “cash for clunkers program.” The original was about 10years ago or a bit more. Government cash to subsidize purchase of a new car by owners of old ones having a low EPA gas mileage estimate. Anyone heard about this? Yeah, I know, too much government, etc. I agree in principle, but i also would feel pretty stupid having others get what was extorted from me.
    Hurrah for The Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a single star

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast