Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Aimpoint failure

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    H1 models didn't/don't, either.
    They say your memory is one of the first to go. Thanks for the reminder Raven!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thwack View Post
    Curious what aimpoint will do
    They sent me to link to send it in, anything under $100 they will fix and anything over I have to authorize. Honestly, at this point I’m not going to send it in. Just going to buy a new optic.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have an R1 that I bought used and it failed and they fixed it. I told them that it was second hand.
    Ill buy your R1, I need one for a project.
    Last edited by The Extractor; 03-29-20 at 23:57.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Received my Aimpoint back today, all is good. They fixed the issue, no charge and fixed the two stripped screws in the sight at no charge.

Thumbs up to aimpoint.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    That's awesome. When I called last year about stripped screws in my H1, I was told they were no longer supporting the model and said I was fine with 3 screws.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbieler View Post
    That's awesome. When I called last year about stripped screws in my H1, I was told they were no longer supporting the model and said I was fine with 3 screws.
    Aimpoint is still servicing H1 and other discontinued models if they're still under the 2 year warranty for LE or 10 year warranty for personal use. I inquired about that before I bought a brand new H1 a couple weeks ago.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    Aimpoint is still servicing H1 and other discontinued models if they're still under the 2 year warranty for LE or 10 year warranty for personal use. I inquired about that before I bought a brand new H1 a couple weeks ago.
    Bummer. Not the way I was treated. Just checked my emails. May 25 2019, I was told they were not able to do anything about stripped screw holes in the Series 1 Micro's and they recommend I go to Robar for repair.
    Last edited by mrbieler; 05-22-20 at 23:43.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Bummer. Not the way I was treated. Just checked my emails. May 25 2019, I was told they were not able to do anything about stripped screw holes in the Series 1 Micro's and they recommend I go to Robar for repair.
    Actually, mine were not technically stripped....it was possibly worse. I stripped the allen head out and had to drill them to get the Larue mount off. So they actually extracted the screws that were stuck in the aimpoint.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Same here. Same for jpmuscle

There is a big risk buying used H/T1s. If the former owner stripped it youre SOL.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Same here. Same for jpmuscle

There is a big risk buying used H/T1s. If the former owner stripped it youre SOL.
    All H1/T1/H2/T2 have the same issues. It's fixed on CompM5 and CompM5s.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12