Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Went to Cabela’s today... What is going on??

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    You...you really don't know why people are buying guns and ammo....like really.....you really don't know?

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=coronavirus

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    What’s going on? It’s almost like there is a worldwide pandemic and economic breakdown happening in an election year- or something...
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by a1fabweld View Post
    Do it. After the sandy hook panic, I was selling 1k cases of PMC .223 for $860 delivered in the conUS. I sold 6 of them one after the other and people were grateful. I’m gonna do it again if it gets crazy like that this time.
    Thinking the same thing, but a buddy of mine said that wasn't right & i should sell it to him for what i paid for it. Yeah right, told him i was going to sell it for what ever the Current market is willing to pay, So now i'm an ass.

Finally, told him it wasn't my problem he didn't buy when it was cheap, and said screw it I bought it to shoot so that's what what I'm going to do with my ammo,
    Enjoy the reason i bought it, then reload the brass and rock on at the range.

He didn't like that attitude.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Travelingchild View Post
    Thinking the same thing, but a buddy of mine said that wasn't right & i should sell it to him for what i paid for it. Yeah right, told him i was going to sell it for what ever the Current market is willing to pay, So now i'm an ass.

Finally, told him it wasn't my problem he didn't buy when it was cheap, and said screw it I bought it to shoot so that's what what I'm going to do with my ammo,

The victim mentality never ceases to amaze me. No offense, but maybe this person is better kept out of your life.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by duece71 View Post
    The victim mentality never ceases to amaze me. No offense, but maybe this person is better kept out of your life.
    Depends on what "buddy" means. For my buddy, id give him a case for free if he asked. Because in 20 or so years we've been friends there hasn't been a thing I asked that he said no to. Saved me a lot of money over the years. More so than a case of ammo.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Depends on what "buddy" means. For my buddy, id give him a case for free if he asked. Because in 20 or so years we've been friends there hasn't been a thing I asked that he said no to. Saved me a lot of money over the years. More so than a case of ammo.
    Very true. I didn’t know the exact circumstances so I am probably premature in my opinion.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Kind of where I'm at.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score

Yeah... the grasshoppers of the world tend to get pretty resentful toward the ants of the world once the sh*t actually hits the fan. I can understand the lefty morons living in the big cities not being prepared for something like this, but I can't understand any gun guy not getting the concept of "stock up" while you can.

Hope you have other buddies that are paying more attention to the world that you can hang out with instead of this guy.
    "Literally EVERYTHING is in space, Morty." Grandpa Rick Sanchez

Feedback Score
    Buddy is maybe not the right word, actually a shooter at gun range who i interact with,(understanding the words buddy and friends must be quantified),

Don't get me wrong, i'm willing give ammo away to a real friend, I'm about to do just that, but a fellow shooter? simply based on interaction at the range? Nope.

Plus I guarantee, he just going to most likely flip it himself.

Last panic different "buddy" said he needed 22lr so his daughter could continue to shoot, said he couldn't find any, so i gave him a brick.
    Next time at the range he shooting 22lr No kid in sight, blasting away & got about 5 bricks in his range bag. My sympathy went away that day to a certain extent. (& yes he does have a daughter)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Last panic different "buddy" said he needed 22lr so his daughter could continue to shoot, said he couldn't find any, so i gave him a brick.
    Next time at the range he shooting 22lr No kid in sight, blasting away & got about 5 bricks in his range bag. My sympathy went away that day to a certain extent. (& yes he does have a daughter)
    Man you are a saint. Only way a casual acquaintance gets ammo is if they want to put a couple rounds through my gun.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast