Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fixed FSB / LPVO Mount height question

Feedback Score

Fixed FSB / LPVO Mount height question

Howdy, all
    Currently have a micro t2 on my Colt 6920. I’ve got a 1-6 Trijicon Credo on the way, along with a Geissele Superprecision M4 Mount. That mount supposedly puts center of optic 1.54 above the rail. I like the fixed fsb and run a rear buis under the optic, so I’d rather not shave off the fsb. My question is as follows:

If running a 1-6 on 1x-2x, will the 1.54 height be adequate to use the reticle with the fixed fsb, or would a 1.93 / 2.04 height mount be a better choice?
    Thanks!

Feedback Score
    The 1.54 will give you, or a very close to, co-witness reticle with the FSB pin.

Feedback Score
    What do you mean “use the reticle?”
    If you mean the dot, just ignore the fsp like its a red dot

If you mean the bdc or mil/moa marks, i would think is a non issue since the fsp disappears at 3-4x with a 1.5” hight.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    BUIS under th e scope with a G$ mount are kind of pointless since it’s not a QD Mount.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    BUIS under th e scope with a G$ mount are kind of pointless since it’s not a QD Mount.
    Unless you clumsily trip, fall, and smash your optic perfectly on a rock. You can then use a Gerber or something else in camp to remove the optic and still be able hunt or LARP or whatever you were doing without having to go home and bitch about not having BUIS on M4carbine.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pyrotechnic; 03-22-20 at 10:20.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    What do you mean “use the reticle?”
    If you mean the dot, just ignore the fsp like its a red dot

If you mean the bdc or mil/moa marks, i would think is a non issue since the fsp disappears at 3-4x with a 1.5” hight.
    The FSB "disappears" but still blocks the lower half of the reticle, rendering it useless.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    As stated, if a variable power optic is used, and is set to 1-2 power, the FSB will be blurred.
    At 3 power and above, the FSB will disappear

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I don't think you can use a BUIS through an LPVO, even if you turn it down to 1x. Also if you don't have a QD mount, a buis is kinda silly cause its highly inaccessible.

Your better off loosing the FSB.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    The FSB "disappears" but still blocks the lower half of the reticle, rendering it useless.
    Mine is visually not blocking anything, but havent tried to use it like that.
    Do you mean its going to bend the light and alter accuracy?

Feedback Score
    Hi, all
    I know co-witnessing isn’t a thing with lpvo, I’m not concerned with that. I’m just wondering how much of the reticle will be blocked by the fsb at 1-2 magnification. If it’s just part of the bcd or lower part of the duplex that’s fine, it won’t bug me. I’ve run the t2 for a long while and am used to it. If, however, the fixed fsb rises all the way through the center of the reticle and gets in the way of the aiming point, that’ll be a concern.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast