Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fixed FSB / LPVO Mount height question

Feedback Score
    Regarding the buis, yes I know you can’t use them with the lpvo on. I also know since it’s not qd removal is slower. I still like the backup irons. Let’s not get hung up on the qd part, the buis still have value in the field to me, qd or not.
    Last edited by warbow150; 03-22-20 at 16:35.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Since they’re both in the mail, why don’t you wait until they arrive and tell us. Or maybe ask this question prior to buying them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    Since they’re both in the mail, why don’t you wait until they arrive and tell us. Or maybe ask this question prior to buying them.
    I’ll be happy to post what I find out when they arrive. Are you able to answer my question?

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    At 1.5” center height, the FSB will be visible to about the middle of your view in the optic and will be blurry up to about 3-4x. Higher than 4x, the focal plane will be beyond the FSB and you may notice a “shadow” if you look for it instead of focusing on your target. That’s my experience, anyway.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    - Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    If we keep this going, his post count will get high enough for him to start dumping what he doesn’t need on the EE.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    Thanks to all who replied. No need for further.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Mine is visually not blocking anything, but havent tried to use it like that.
    Do you mean its going to bend the light and alter accuracy?
    I'm not sure about the theory how all that works. What I do know is that any part of the reticle that's blocked by the FSB is unusable. If there are hash marks for holdovers blocked by the FSB, you won't be able to line them up with the target. When I didn't know any better, I mounted a 6x-20 on a 20" Colt that had an FSB. As I was an ignorant and broke cheap bastige, I mounted the scope directly to the rail with rings just tall enough for the objective to clear the handguards. Long story short, the FSB blocked the center of the crosshairs and I could not get them to line up with the target. The crosshairs kinda just slipped to the left or right. Very frustrating until I figured out what was going on. That's why when I build any upper that'll be scoped, there's no FSB.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Much like most, Ive run an acog with an fsb and yes there is a shadow in the lower part. That being said, id look for the larue 1.93" (correct me if im wrong) mount height. It helps a ton.
    "your AR is shit, change my mind" - Will Larson

I make work horses, not show ponies.

Feedback Score
    So, I decided to try both the 1.54 and 1.93 heights. I preferred the 1.93 so I stuck with that one. The Geissele super precision is a first class, excellent mount. Highly recommended. At 1x the front sight post and ears are only visible in the bottom 1/4 of the field of view, perhaps not even that. Real world you never notice them. Of course at anything higher than 3x they’re gone.

For those who might be wondering about the Trijicon 1-6 Credo because it’s newish I can only give first impressions, it has not yet been to the range:
    1. Build quality seems very fine.
    2. Glass is nice. Quite clear to my eyes.
    3. Mine is the green segmented circle with the 55 grain bdc. I don’t care anything about the bdc, but the reticle is useable and easy to pick up on 1-6 power. Yes, the green can wash out in bright sunlight, but the reticle is still useable and works great in black or turned off.
    4. Eye relief is good.
    5. Eye box is forgiving. Though no Aimpoint, the optic is certainly useable for cqb. It reminds me of my 1-6 VCOG in some ways, a good GP design which should be useful for many things.
    6. Unable to comment about durability, in use, etc., at this point, but so far I like it very much.
    That’s about it. Thanks for all the help.
    Last edited by warbow150; 03-27-20 at 18:29.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Its impossible to get a true 1X like an EOTech or Aimpoint with a LVPO so even with a FSB the FSB will be a blurry shadow at most even on '1X'

Elcan's actually flip lenses internally when you change from 1x to 4X which is why early versions had issues with POI when changing magnification.

Really, though, you don't want to use any magnified optic with an object in the way that close. Its kind of like occluding part of your vision, and while you can 'see' around it theres no way to actually make up for having something so close to the optic.

The only reason the 1.93" mount height exists is because that's what put the original S&B Short-Dots above a PEQ on a M4 carbine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast