Thread: WWII Colt 1911A1 (1942)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

WWII Colt 1911A1 (1942)

Selling this for a friend. This Colt is all matching and in perfect mechanical condition with a clean and shiny bore-- due to, I believe, having been shot very little. I've been trying to teach myself over the years to be able to estimate a 1911's round count by looking at various things like internal finish wear, breech face wear, etc. I feel very safe in estimate this one has few than 500 rounds through it and, I think, maybe as few as 200.

Externally the Parkerizing has a little wear on the corners, some of which may be holster wear but I don't think this thing has ever been carried a whole lot; some of the wear is just laying around wear.

It comes with a G.I. holster made at Rock Island Arsenal in 1918. I was recently there and was fascinated to learn that they did make that kind of thing there, even including saddles. Even the coal stoves to heat the barracks!

Its provenance since WWII is known and I will share it with the buyer.... nothing super secret or exciting, just that it is known who brought it back and it has been in that family since. This gun needs to go to someone who will appreciate it; the current owner has had a stroke and wants to sell it; I told him it needs to stay in the family. Sadly the only blood kin are in CA and would not want it in the house even if CA would permit it.

At $3000, I'm not offering it as a bargain, I'm offering it as an unusually little-used exemplar of WWII production. I have many more pics, happy to Email interested buyers. Pics are honest and show it as-is.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    SOLD!