Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What kind of accuracy to expect from the "FBI Load" 5.56 TBBC?

Feedback Score

What kind of accuracy to expect from the "FBI Load" 5.56 TBBC?

The Federal XM556SBCT3, 62 grain Bonded Softpoint FBI Equivalent Load. I've heard a sniper or Camp Perry round it's not, but what would one reasonably expect accuracy-wise? (MOA)
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    We were getting 3 MOA if we worked at it, this with carbines easily capable of 1.5 MOA using proven ammo.
    This, and the fact it was difficult to source caused us to go with 64 and 75 gr Gold Dot.

Others may have different results.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The X are factory second/out of spec for one reason or another. Some of the specific complaints are accuracy. Also that is an SBR spec round and some have report weird pressure issues in longer barrels.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    The X are factory second/out of spec for one reason or another. Some of the specific complaints are accuracy. Also that is an SBR spec round and some have report weird pressure issues in longer barrels.
    Like????

Per the Bone Frog website: 5.56 62GR Federal Tactical Bonded (XM556SBCT3), Federal 62 grain Bonded Softpoint FBI Equivalent Load; per the manufacturer, this is the same round as XM556FBIT3, it was given a different SKU # for non-FBI contracts. This ammo is one of the most advanced designs for personal protection or law enforcement.

Now not saying for sure that it isn't factory seconds, but most reputable places will denote factory seconds in their ads and pics. The pics did not show the factory "Use for training only" warning sticker (I've bought from them before and it didn't have that sticker).
    Last edited by ABNAK; 03-22-20 at 16:39.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Like????

Per the Bone Frog website: 5.56 62GR Federal Tactical Bonded (XM556SBCT3), Federal 62 grain Bonded Softpoint FBI Equivalent Load; per the manufacturer, this is the same round as XM556FBIT3, it was given a different SKU # for non-FBI contracts. This ammo is one of the most advanced designs for personal protection or law enforcement.

Now not saying for sure that it isn't factory seconds, but most reputable places will denote factory seconds in their ads and pics. The pics did not show the factory "Use for training only" warning sticker (I've bought from them before and it didn't have that sticker).
    I spent all day looking for the exact notes my buddy experienced. So what might be better termed was not to contract spec and hence sent to retail. Molon, of all people, posted his eval of it TODAY on several sites so if you check around you’ll probably find it. Accuracy was not good compared to its retail line and fed tactical cousin. 1.89” from the gun that he can damn near put rounds through the same hole with.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I wish people would stop saying that the X in the SKU denotes factory seconds or contract rejects. It does not. I know for a fact that the carbine duty ammo of at least one large federal LE agency has an SKU that starts with X.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ruckusjuice View Post
    I wish people would stop saying that the X in the SKU denotes factory seconds or contract rejects. It does not. I know for a fact that the carbine duty ammo of at least one large federal LE agency has an SKU that starts with X.
    Ok. Show us.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    Ok. Show us.
    Federal xm223sp1pb is a current issue loading for DHS. Here’s a .gov report available on google that mentions it Link

Feedback Score
    I thought rejects (from Federal at least) had a white sticker on each box that said "For Training Use Only" on them. Like you can't miss it.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have a bit of XM556FBIT3M in my stash that I bought a few years back. They function 100%, but the accuracy isn't great. Maybe 3-4 MOA.

They are clearly marked as seconds on the boxes with the comment "ACCY OUT", so it's not all that surprising.
    IMG_1342.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast