79 85.87%
  • 9x19mm

1 1.09%
  • .44 Special / .45 ACP / .45 Colt

3 3.26%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Best concealed carry revolver caliber?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Red*Lion View Post
    It is not unusual for me to carry two handguns when out in public. A primary such as my S&W .40 Shield, 605, Glock 17 or CZ75B with my PT738 .380 in my front right pocket as a back-up.
    Same here. No big deal. Gun on belt, got pockets, might as well put another gun in one. 😁 Provides options scenario dependent.

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 04-20-20 at 08:17.

Feedback Score
    I am a fan of revolvers so I have two in my CCW mix. A NAA Sidewinder in 22/22mag (with SB Gold dots). This is for carry when anything larger would be a problem. My other is a Taurus 605 Polymer Protector in 38/357, also with SB Gold Dots. I don't feel like I'm not adequately protected with this in lieu of my other CCW Glock 26. I have no plans on pressing a gun fight. If I'm not on duty then what I carry is to get me out of a situation not show off my dazzling skills. Now every time I carry, I do bring reloads 10 rounds for the .22, 15 for the .357, and 12 for the G26. For anyone who does not like or at least want to CCW a revolver, that is their personal preference and I understand their reasoning. Me? I like them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Why the hell would you conceal carry a revolver?
    I watched a video several weeks ago and this question came up. He carries a hammerless revolver in his coat pocket and a Glock holstered on his belt. He said most people keep their hands in their pockets when talking and if you are in a position where the other person is getting belligerent keeps your hands in your pocket may calm things down or make you appear less threatening. You can fire a revolver from inside your pocket and not risk having a stoppage like you would if you fired an autoloader. You can continue to engage until you can get to your primary holstered weapon

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Been carrying J frames for the last 15 or so. Itís amazingly reliable, safe, concealable in a pocket, and is extremely ammo flexible. I am carrying everywhere unless I am in the shower or in the bed. Even when I carry an auto I have a j-frame.
    If you aren't armed when you take a dump in your own home then your opinion on what is a practical daily carry weapon isn't interesting to me.

Feedback Score
    I carry a little Model 60 sometimes just because I like it.

It was my backup and off duty gun for years until we switched over to the 320 and sometimes I just like having it.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Feedback Score
    I really like the handling/carrying qualities of the .38 J-frame, but I've come to admit I don't have the skill to handle the super lightweight ones--I have 642 and with .38 +Ps it's right on the edge of manageable for me. The Model 60 is a lot easier to shoot, for me, and for anything but pocket carry I don't think the extra weight is an issue.

I voted .38 in the poll, but I honestly like 9x19 is probably the ideal snub caliber, but they're hard to come by. I do think moon clips are definitely superior than an HKS speedloader, but I also tend to think if you're carrying a revolver you're accepting you've got the 5 rounds in the gun to deal with the engagement and the reload isn't something you're likely to do in a fight.
    OEF / OIR / OFS

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TBAR_94 View Post
    I really like the handling/carrying qualities of the .38 J-frame, but I've come to admit I don't have the skill to handle the super lightweight ones--I have 642 and with .38 +Ps it's right on the edge of manageable for me. The Model 60 is a lot easier to shoot, for me, and for anything but pocket carry I don't think the extra weight is an issue.

I voted .38 in the poll, but I honestly like 9x19 is probably the ideal snub caliber, but they're hard to come by. I do think moon clips are definitely superior than an HKS speedloader, but I also tend to think if you're carrying a revolver you're accepting you've got the 5 rounds in the gun to deal with the engagement and the reload isn't something you're likely to do in a fight.
    See, that's why you need a .327 Federal/.32 mag. Easy practice with .32 acp and .32 S&W Long plus you get six shots.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    See, that's why you need a .327 Federal/.32 mag. Easy practice with .32 acp and .32 S&W Long plus you get six shots.
    Yeah, it's one of those trade-offs. I was taught that even with revolver capacities, you probably run out of time before you run out of ammo, so I prefer to keep at least a .38/9mm sized projectile. But I know a lot of people who like .327s--most of my revolvers are for the range/hunting, so it's not worth it to me to deal with another caliber to keep in inventory that's only an SD round.
    OEF / OIR / OFS

Feedback Score
    .38SPL all the way.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast