79 85.87%
  • 9x19mm

1 1.09%
  • .44 Special / .45 ACP / .45 Colt

3 3.26%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Best concealed carry revolver caliber?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Red*Lion View Post
    It is not unusual for me to carry two handguns when out in public. A primary such as my S&W .40 Shield, 605, Glock 17 or CZ75B with my PT738 .380 in my front right pocket as a back-up.
    Same here. No big deal. Gun on belt, got pockets, might as well put another gun in one. 😁 Provides options scenario dependent.

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 04-20-20 at 08:17.

Feedback Score
    I am a fan of revolvers so I have two in my CCW mix. A NAA Sidewinder in 22/22mag (with SB Gold dots). This is for carry when anything larger would be a problem. My other is a Taurus 605 Polymer Protector in 38/357, also with SB Gold Dots. I don't feel like I'm not adequately protected with this in lieu of my other CCW Glock 26. I have no plans on pressing a gun fight. If I'm not on duty then what I carry is to get me out of a situation not show off my dazzling skills. Now every time I carry, I do bring reloads 10 rounds for the .22, 15 for the .357, and 12 for the G26. For anyone who does not like or at least want to CCW a revolver, that is their personal preference and I understand their reasoning. Me? I like them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Why the hell would you conceal carry a revolver?
    I watched a video several weeks ago and this question came up. He carries a hammerless revolver in his coat pocket and a Glock holstered on his belt. He said most people keep their hands in their pockets when talking and if you are in a position where the other person is getting belligerent keeps your hands in your pocket may calm things down or make you appear less threatening. You can fire a revolver from inside your pocket and not risk having a stoppage like you would if you fired an autoloader. You can continue to engage until you can get to your primary holstered weapon

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Been carrying J frames for the last 15 or so. It’s amazingly reliable, safe, concealable in a pocket, and is extremely ammo flexible. I am carrying everywhere unless I am in the shower or in the bed. Even when I carry an auto I have a j-frame.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    I carry a little Model 60 sometimes just because I like it.

It was my backup and off duty gun for years until we switched over to the 320 and sometimes I just like having it.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I really like the handling/carrying qualities of the .38 J-frame, but I've come to admit I don't have the skill to handle the super lightweight ones--I have 642 and with .38 +Ps it's right on the edge of manageable for me. The Model 60 is a lot easier to shoot, for me, and for anything but pocket carry I don't think the extra weight is an issue.

I voted .38 in the poll, but I honestly like 9x19 is probably the ideal snub caliber, but they're hard to come by. I do think moon clips are definitely superior than an HKS speedloader, but I also tend to think if you're carrying a revolver you're accepting you've got the 5 rounds in the gun to deal with the engagement and the reload isn't something you're likely to do in a fight.
    OEF / OIR / OFS

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TBAR_94 View Post
    I really like the handling/carrying qualities of the .38 J-frame, but I've come to admit I don't have the skill to handle the super lightweight ones--I have 642 and with .38 +Ps it's right on the edge of manageable for me. The Model 60 is a lot easier to shoot, for me, and for anything but pocket carry I don't think the extra weight is an issue.

I voted .38 in the poll, but I honestly like 9x19 is probably the ideal snub caliber, but they're hard to come by. I do think moon clips are definitely superior than an HKS speedloader, but I also tend to think if you're carrying a revolver you're accepting you've got the 5 rounds in the gun to deal with the engagement and the reload isn't something you're likely to do in a fight.
    See, that's why you need a .327 Federal/.32 mag. Easy practice with .32 acp and .32 S&W Long plus you get six shots.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    See, that's why you need a .327 Federal/.32 mag. Easy practice with .32 acp and .32 S&W Long plus you get six shots.
    Yeah, it's one of those trade-offs. I was taught that even with revolver capacities, you probably run out of time before you run out of ammo, so I prefer to keep at least a .38/9mm sized projectile. But I know a lot of people who like .327s--most of my revolvers are for the range/hunting, so it's not worth it to me to deal with another caliber to keep in inventory that's only an SD round.
    OEF / OIR / OFS

Feedback Score
    .38SPL all the way.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast