79 85.87%
  • 9x19mm

1 1.09%
  • .44 Special / .45 ACP / .45 Colt

3 3.26%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best concealed carry revolver caliber?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Well this is a discussion forum so I'm trying to discuss why someone would voluntarily choose that option because it seems illogical to me and I'm curious.
    I knew an older gentleman who had lost most of the function in his left hand. He chose to carry a revolver because he was concerned about being unable to clear a malfunction in a semi-auto, and because it was easier for him to reload a wheel gun. It seemed to make sense in his specific circumstance, given he could only really use his right hand.

I think he carried a .327 magnum, but it may have been a .38 spl.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx_Aggie View Post
    I knew an older gentleman who had lost most of the function in his left hand. He chose to carry a revolver because he was concerned about being unable to clear a malfunction in a semi-auto, and because it was easier for him to reload a wheel gun. It seemed to make sense in his specific circumstance, given he could only really use his right hand.

I think he carried a .327 magnum, but it may have been a .38 spl.
    If I were in the same situation, I'd choose a semi-automatic.

Not least of all because it's not difficult to clear most malfunctions one-handed.

It's not even particularly difficult to reload an auto one-handed.

Reloading a revolver one-handed would, I think, be significantly more difficult. While every automatic is designed to be used one-handed, I cannot think of many revolvers that are designed to be used one-handed. And the only ones I can think of that are still being made in 2020 are large frame, single-actions. Props to anyone who wants to conceal a 3", 5" or 7" S&W Nº3 repro, though.
    Last edited by MountainRaven; 03-23-20 at 18:01.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    357/38 special

More options is always better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I carry a long discontinued mod 12 S&W; a tricked out, K frame hammerless, DOA. It's a good Winter coat, pocket revolver.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The Airweight Smiths are GTG, I own a 38+ model. I had the real nice 357 model even though I only shot 38'd out of it. Sold it.

Its the lightest gun I own

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I chose .327/.32 for the poll, though I don't own one, and I carry a pre-lock 638 occasionally. 6 rounds of something that's on par with a good +p .38 is better than 5 rounds of .38 in my book. That said, you'd have to reload to get the most out of either .327 or .38. Buffalo Bore makes the closest thing to good .38 handloads as exist in factory .38.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Why the hell would you conceal carry a revolver?
    A 442/642 pocket BUG makes good sense IMO.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    If I thought a wide bullet had more to do with "stopping power" I'd go .44 spl.

But I just dont think it does. I prefer easy / fun practice and the extra round the .32 caliber revolvers offer.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    If I thought a wide bullet had more to do with "stopping power" I'd go .44 spl.

But I just dont think it does. I prefer easy / fun practice and the extra round the .32 caliber revolvers offer.

I like the fact you can find .38spl at a BFE 7-11 (speaking metaphorically of course).
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score

Best concealed carry revolver caliber?

I carry a S&W 640 357 Magnum 5 Shot in the pocket. When I’m walking in town, my hand is already on the revolver. I can draw and shoot from concealment extremely fast in that mode. I use a desantis pocket holster. I know of no faster draw than a gun your hand is already on.

I carry a Glock 19, Gen 5 as a backup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by CDR_Glock; 03-25-20 at 17:35.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast