Thread: Daniel Defense PDW

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Daniel Defense PDW

I don’t have a 300blk yet and have the opportunity to buy one of these. Thoughts?

I like the idea of shooting subs on my home range to reduce some of the noise.

https://danieldefense.com/ddm4-pdw.html

Feedback Score
    A short barrel with subs will be, for all practical purposes, just as noisy as any other gunshot.

A 16” barrel will quiet it down significantly.

Point is if you dont use a silencer, and you want quiet, dont use a short gun.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    A short barrel with subs will be, for all practical purposes, just as noisy as any other gunshot.

A 16” barrel will quiet it down significantly.

Point is if you dont use a silencer, and you want quiet, dont use a short gun.
    Compared to a 556 gun it’ll be way quieter. It’s lower pressure plus subsonic so it’ll be way quieter than shooting 556 in any length on my home range.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I love mine. It is accurate and has very little recoil impulse. I have owned a Honey Badger and a Rattler and really liked both. When I put my 30 cal can on it and it is a joy to shoot. I did buy the pistol rather than the SBR just because The Silencer Shop had the pistol in stock at the time I ordered it. My only issue (and it is minor) is the brace isn’t a Maxim rip brace. It is the standard brace. Contrary to what some say, you can use either buffer spring (it comes with 2) either suppressed or unsuppressed, it just softens the recoil impulse to use the correct one and keeps the pistol/rifle from wearing itself out so fast.
    Owner of Carolina Laser Works
    https://carolinalaserworks.ecwid.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    ^^^ Thank you. I think I’ll go pick it up.