Thread: Hoppes 9 black gun cleaner

Feedback Score

Hoppes 9 black gun cleaner

One of my new recruits was recommended to use this by guys at the academy. I’ve never used this cleaner. Unknowingly he bought and used on a rifle and pistol. Not sure brand of rifle. It pistol is an issued glock 17. After cleaning the pistol with this cleaned he and some classmates experienced some sluggish slide movement and stove piping. Academy instructors banned the cleaner from the schoolhouse. Has anyone run into any problems with this cleaner. Or so you think it’s and inexperienced end user?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    https://www.hoppes.com/black

I'd not heard of this Hoppe's product line until this post. I've been using various other cleaners & lubricants for years and haven't had a need to try anything new.

Hoppe's "Black" product line has a variety of different products, some made just for the bores of barrels and even a grease. I suppose if you're truly curious, find out exactly which product or products the recruit used and call/email Hoppe's.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Coincidentally, an “Instagram influencer” who is also a legitimate trainer mentioned using Hoppe’s Black recently with a STI Staccato. Can’t remember if it was Mike Pannone or Matt/Graybeard. STI got all the guys using their guns right now, it seems like.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Maybe do some research to see what they used, how they used it and where the functioning issues truly attributed to the cleaner and or lube or lack thereof.

I've used so many types of cleaners, lubes, no lube etc through the years with various Glocks and never an issue caused by any one. Even thick grease on everything and in moderate cold weather, 15-20. The thickest I used was Moblie One synthetic, did the rails, barrel and hood.

Did they have issues with the AR's or just Glocks?

Again, see what they actually used and on what/where, etc.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!