Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 11.5" .22LR Barrel?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Do remember what 22 rounds you are using? I generally try to use copper clad bullets - Federal 325 round value packs are what I shoot the most.

As far as I know, the only difference between the 'BCG' on the dedicated and the one on the conversion is the removal of the chamber adapter on the dedicated bolt.
    Yes, the difference between the dedicated unit and the adapter unit is the chamber adapter. We used a variety of ammo in the adapter. Most of it copper plated. Since the suppressor was added to the dedicated upper, we've been shooting Gemtec subsonic through it.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    Clint Beyer sold me a 12.5” recently and since the 22 barrel protrudes so far into the upper receiver it’s almost the exact length of my 11.5” 5.56 barrel.
    Thanks. I had to look that up.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Based on the last tard panic, it was WAY easier to shoot .223/5.56 than .22LR.

22 LR is the toilet paper of gun tards. I don't even mess with rimfire in normal/rational conditions anymore.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post

22 LR is the toilet paper of gun tards. I don't even mess with rimfire in normal/rational conditions anymore.
    It all depends though. It was way easier financially to stock up on 20,000 rounds of 22lr before this panic than it was 5.56. If a person did this. 22lr is the cheap way to go and also saves your 5.56 reserves.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post

It's not just cost. One of the awesome things about moving from NJ to NC is that I can shoot in my back yard. 5.56 out of an 11.5" SBR is... well... loud. I was shooting it on Sunday and my wife asked me to stop lol. I figure it will be quieter to shoot .22LR. At least until my cans get out of jail.

Also, see below.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    It all depends though. It was way easier financially to stock up on 20,000 rounds of 22lr before this panic than it was 5.56. If a person did this. 22lr is the cheap way to go and also saves your 5.56 reserves.
    Something I did [not 20,000 tho] despite not even having a .22 I knew this day would come.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

11.5" .22LR Barrel?

FWIW I bought one of those cheap 16" 22 uppers that were on sale a couple of Black Fridays ago.

Had the barrel chopped and threaded then put it on a braced pistol lower to setup as a dedicated 22 gun.

Runs great as long as you use decent mags.

I'm only like $300 or so into the whole thing, minus sights.

Great for practice. Cheap to shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12