Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BCM KD4 upper question

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MQ105 View Post
    The .0779 number represents difference in bullet revolution while in the barrel. How many revolutions the bullet makes while in the barrel isn't what we're talking about, and is not what determines stability. Rate of twist is what the barrel twist numbers represent. For a given velocity of a bullet at the muzzle, length of barrel doesn't effect rotational velocity. Hence, rate of twist. I may need to go back to school to do the math on the difference in rotational velocity between bullets at a given velocity exiting 1:7.7 vs 1:8 barrels. However, the difference in twist rate between those same two barrels is 0.3.
    Hence why I said “more twist” not “rate of twist”.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Ok here’s the verdict from Kyle:

It’s a barrel twist that he has selected after trial and error from every barrel twist from 1:6 to 1:8. It is specifically optimized for the BH Mk262 Mod 1 ammo. He says it gives about a half MOA more precision over say a 1:8. It’s important to know that the BH loading is not the same as a standard 77gr SMK load which is why his rifling is so specific.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    Thank you for the update.

Cheers, Steve

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    So a buddy of mine and I each own one of these uppers. I can tell you that compared to different 16in barrel lengths out of similar ARs (16" DD, 16" Criterion, 16" Krieger) the KD4 upper had the fastest velocity numbers with black hills 77 smks and tmks. We ran both uppers through a Buck doyle class and he couldn't believe how fast our 16in guns were performing. As to accuracy, these barrels are sub moa 10 round group guns, which is about the best compliment I can give a 556 gas gun. I own very few 556 barrels that meet that criteria.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12