Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Helmets/nvg

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    171
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

    Helmets/nvg

    Sorry I’m sure this is asked a lot. Not sure if it’s an issue with my phone or Tapatalk but when I search nothing comes up. Even when I search just “helmet” or “nvg”

    I’m curious the price range for entry level nvg and a helmet to mount them on. Doesn’t have to be a ballistic helmet, just a solid foundation for the goggles and hearing protection.

    I appreciate the replies or direction to other threads.

    Derek


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    374
    Feedback Score
    0
    For entry level, I would budget about $5k.

    TNVC.com

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    E. Tennessee
    Posts
    1,904
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    E. Tennessee
    Posts
    1,904
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Anybody able to speak to or give any opinions on AGM products?

    https://www.kenziesoptics.com/produc...hite-phosphor/
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    College Station, Texas
    Posts
    1,492
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    If it doesn't have to be ballistic and just a base to mount an NVG and ear pro you could probably start with an airsoft helmet shell, add your NVG mount, Ops-Core harness, and rails.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    150
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jack crab View Post
    For entry level, I would budget about $5k.

    TNVC.com
    Seconded on TNVC. call and ask for Sam. Also, depending on your NV needs the price is flexible. But at a minimum your at $3k for a tube, mount, and other accessories.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    454
    Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Assuming you will want to use it with a weapon you will also need to factor in a IR laser. Figure another $1000 for something decent used. Your about to start down a deep dark hole that isnt cheap and better just simply costs more. Best is not absolutely necessary.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    482
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek33 View Post
    Sorry I’m sure this is asked a lot. Not sure if it’s an issue with my phone or Tapatalk but when I search nothing comes up. Even when I search just “helmet” or “nvg”

    I’m curious the price range for entry level nvg and a helmet to mount them on. Doesn’t have to be a ballistic helmet, just a solid foundation for the goggles and hearing protection.

    I appreciate the replies or direction to other threads.

    Derek


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You could probably get in with $4k if going for a lower grade PVS-14 but if you're actually wearing it for any duration, you'll want to spend the extra money on a quality helmet, either Ops Core or Team Wendy plus a Wilcox mount.

    I've got the Ops Core FAST ballistic and bump helmets; if I had to do it over again I probably would've gone with Team Wendy since the bump helmet has an aluminum insert instead of just the plastic molding on the Ops Core bump helmet.

    I've had positive experience with Larry at www.ownthenight.com

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    722
    Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    You can find lots of examples in this thread and price out what you see:

    BrainBucket Thread

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    924
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Treehopr View Post
    You could probably get in with $4k if going for a lower grade PVS-14 but if you're actually wearing it for any duration, you'll want to spend the extra money on a quality helmet, either Ops Core or Team Wendy plus a Wilcox mount.

    I've got the Ops Core FAST ballistic and bump helmets; if I had to do it over again I probably would've gone with Team Wendy since the bump helmet has an aluminum insert instead of just the plastic molding on the Ops Core bump helmet.

    I've had positive experience with Larry at www.ownthenight.com
    Yeah, I started out in the game with a team Wendy ltp bump. That was maybe 2014 or so.

    I don't agree with their politics now, but you can't deny it's an awesome bump for the money.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •