Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Helmets/nvg

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Last edited by Sparky5019; 04-08-20 at 16:57. Reason: Redo
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    Buy from TNVC. They guarantee their product and will not rip you off. Sketchy shit from many other places preying on guys who don’t know subtle differences about night vision. If you’re going to shop “off the res”, you really have to know your shit. Most night vision stuff is not returnable. Just sayin.

I use an Ops-Core Maritime helmet. Their bump is ok too but if you’re hanging NV on it, you’ll need to upgrade to the Carbon because the BASE jump (bump) has a molded in shroud that does play too well with NV mounts. The Carbon has a metal shroud and is gtg.

There are several companies selling ops-core copies. The product is usually ok (probably PPG and imported) but I’d steer away from sites that rip off ops-core pics instead of their actual product like above. JMO. You’ll get what you pay for.
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Helmets/nvg

Quote Originally Posted by Treehopr View Post
    You could probably get in with $4k if going for a lower grade PVS-14 but if you're actually wearing it for any duration, you'll want to spend the extra money on a quality helmet, either Ops Core or Team Wendy plus a Wilcox mount.

I've got the Ops Core FAST ballistic and bump helmets; if I had to do it over again I probably would've gone with Team Wendy since the bump helmet has an aluminum insert instead of just the plastic molding on the Ops Core bump helmet.

I've had positive experience with Larry at www.ownthenight.com
    These are great options but for some money savings look at the crye precision night cap. I hog hunt a good bit at night using a night cap year round without any discomfort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Buy from TNVC. They guarantee their product and will not rip you off. Sketchy shit from many other places preying on guys who don’t know subtle differences about night vision. If you’re going to shop “off the res”, you really have to know your shit. Most night vision stuff is not returnable. Just sayin.
    Yeah, Ops-Core Maritime helmet - is a great choice. And talking of tactical things and stuff, I would also highly recommend thermal sights I found here ( https://www.agmglobalvision.com/thermal-imaging ), cause it seems like they have the best scopes in the section of quality / price. Now I'm testing model AGM ASP TM25-640 and it works perfectly.
    Last edited by dennis6VR; 05-19-20 at 05:41.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12