Thread: Streamlight TL Racker

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Streamlight TL Racker

Has anyone here tried one? I tried the search feature and didn't find much info. I found a place selling them for $99. I figure that's cheaper than buying a Magpul forend and a light for my 870

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I canít believe no one has replied yet. I have one that I put on a SBS a little more than a month ago.
    Picture of the gun is on the second page bottom post in this thread.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-870-SBS/page2

Itís now on the SBS with the vertical pistol grip. I went with the Magpul clamp on sling mount and the light on the right side of hand guard was being blocked by the sling.

Guns n gear did a review as did several others on YouTube.

I donít have enough trigger time to have a hard use opinion, but first shots/thoughts were The grip texture isnít grippy enough, the tape switch is cheap. Press pad has clicks and isnít smooth operating. Maybe I was spoiled by the cloud defense OWL press pad. The hand guard could also be shaped a little different to be more comfortable and help control the recoil on the shotgun. I would prefer it without the dip cutout. But the light output is ok, I canít complain and itís out of the way of the sling. As of now, my final thoughts is for $100 it canít be beat.

Feedback Score
    Nice review. Straight shooting.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I did some more drills with the TL Racker this late evening. Iíve gotten use to the feel of the hand guard. I still wish it had better texture. Skaters tape would be ok for HD for a few shots but range use for drills it would chew up my hand. I donít mean anything badly when I say the light output is ďokĒ. Itís just fine and probably canít be beat for the money. $100 seems like a deal compared to building your own setup. By the time you buy a new hand guard, attachment point, and light you are almost double.

Iíve never tried the surefire version.

It fits my needs very well with the light location and the sling attachment point.
    Tape switch does work as it should but doesnít compare to the ďOWLĒ. I guess my thoughts is Iím being ďto hardĒ on it for $100.