Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Streamlight TL Racker

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    I've been disappointed by lighting options for pump shutguns. I love the actual light on the surefire DSF, but the short length of the forend, coupled with the strange almost reverse grip angle made it next to unusable for me.
    I would love for Streamlight to make a better forend than this. That's what I was hoping for, but everything I've seen has been negative.
    I guess the Magpul forend + Surefire scout is still the best.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I’ve still haven’t had all these problems the other people are having. I wouldn’t call it a POS. I do agree the plastic is not the same league as magpul’s and has a cheaper feel. But my TL racker has been flawless. No where near the wiggle, nor any binding. Mine fits about the same as the magpul hand guard I removed. Maybe this could be a QC issue?

It still works for me by getting the light out of the way of the sling mount/sling for my SBS and does it’s job for $100. Yes I wish it had several different changes to it, such as the grip texture, hand position/grip angle, better feel, better tape switch, etc.. but it would then probably be priced the same as the Surefire. I’ve tried several options and this one fits me best for this one particular gun. I only have it on one of my SBS’s and have different setups on my other 3 or 4 SBS’s.
    Last edited by ace4059; 04-24-20 at 00:43.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    I hope the FB BS is squared away soon. Your review is why I bought the light. I’m completely unimpressed with their quality control. Mine binds the gun up to the point where extreme force is needed to put the gun back in battery. I liked the small package, the light is bright and the price was good. I paid $120:shipped. Mine didn’t work. It’s a POS and it’s going back.
    Thank you; I do as well.

I'll be interested to see how Streamlight CS handles it. In my experience they've been good but who knows... What model did you have?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12