Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New NF issues..

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

New NF issues..

Not my week apparently. Drag an old AR out of the safe and check the aimpoint to find it doesn’t work..now this.

Ordered a new Nightforce NX1-8 combo package with Scalarworks mount and the zero stop is FROZEN, won’t budge... Hopefully the dealer will exchange it for another one considering this was brand new.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
    Not my week apparently. Drag an old AR out of the safe and check the aimpoint to find it doesn’t work..now this.

Ordered a new Nightforce NX1-8 combo package with Scalarworks mount and the zero stop is FROZEN, won’t budge... Hopefully the dealer will exchange it for another one considering this was brand new.
    I would call NF first. I have found their CS extremely helpful, and their quality control seems to be the best of all brands I've tried (many, many), so there's a chance it isn't frozen but requires a different technique. If it really is defective then yes I'd hope the dealer would swap it out free, although NF might also fix it free with the same speed.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Did you follow the instructions on page 6 of this?> https://www.nightforceoptics.com/fil...nersManual.pdf

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Did you follow the instructions on page 6 of this?> https://www.nightforceoptics.com/fil...nersManual.pdf
    Of course....it won’t budge.

I’m not the first one to experience this.... https://forum.snipershide.com/thread...blems.6913216/

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Do me a solid, and shoot me or another Mod/Staff a PM after you contact NightForce per forum rules. I'm very interested in this, I'm looking at a 1-8 NF meself.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Re-opening the thread. OP contacted their vendor, and got a new combo - woot!

When rushca01 has a few minute, he can fill us in on what happened. Thanks very much.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Thanks SeriousStudent!

I bought the mount combo package from Scalarworks. I had a few days earlier purchased an Aimpoint T2/mount combo from them and was pleased with the service so I went back to them for this.

I explained the issue to them and they sent me a prepaid label to ship it back. They verified the issues and sent me a new mount/scope package. It arrived today and the zero stop works. All in all I was pleased with how Scalarworks handled everything especially considering what is going on in the world today.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    No worries, thanks for your help.

How do you like their T2 mount? I have a neighbor who is going to be buying a patrol rifle optic. Due to how the car racks are, an LPVO unfortunately won't work.

I have temp loaned him an old Larue mount I have. Just curious how you like the one you have.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    No worries, thanks for your help.

How do you like their T2 mount? I have a neighbor who is going to be buying a patrol rifle optic. Due to how the car racks are, an LPVO unfortunately won't work.

I have temp loaned him an old Larue mount I have. Just curious how you like the one you have.

Thanks.
    I’m a little old school so I have only ever used LaRue mounts... I think overall, the machining fit/finish is nicer on the Leap mount, the LaRue mount certainly mounts/dismount “quicker” if that’s important. I like the sleek design of the Scalarworks, I’m not going to replace my LaRue mounts because $$$$ but any future mounts I buy will likely be the Leap mounts.

I’m also looking an Eotech...Pat Rogers would roll over in his grave..(RIP) if I get one.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    When I first start adjusting the zero stop on my Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50 scope, the zero stop was really stiff. After adjusting the elevation several times and making two more adjustments to the zero stop, the knob was easier to turn when setting my preferred zero.
    Last edited by T2C; 03-28-20 at 21:59.
    Train 2 Win

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast