Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 77gr Nosler CC load?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    yea, the 77grain Noslers are 90% as good as SMK's. And for the price you cant beat them. I would add to Mark post and say to 500 yards is pretty much, GTG. Mark shoots them 1,000 yards with iron sights but thats another insane conversation. Takes a few tries but the magnet light blinks.

PB
    Nosler's 77 CC is what I have used to get new shooters onto 700-yard steel for their first time. It's a smile-maker for sure. And when you can get them as low as .14/piece in bulk on sale, really hard to beat!
    Last edited by akxx; 06-01-20 at 10:53.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by akxx View Post
    Nosler's 77 CC is what I have used to get new shooters onto 700-yard steel for their first time. It's a smile-maker for sure. And when you can get them as low as .14/piece in bulk on sale, really hard to beat!
    Which vendor is that?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Ok, got a chance to load a few function test rounds. 22.5 grains of tac.
    11.5” RGP barrel with Turbo.
    Locks back every time. Next I’ll get up to the range to check accuracy.
    Any pressure concerns?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    No pressure signs there. But a chrono is the better gauge. TAC is a little slow burning for an SBR load. It'll work, but I like a faster powder. Especially if I'm running a can.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    No pressure signs there. But a chrono is the better gauge. TAC is a little slow burning for an SBR load. It'll work, but I like a faster powder. Especially if I'm running a can.
    Good to know. I have 9 pounds to burn up.
    What do you recommend?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I think Mark likes H322 and XBR for our loads. He may have a pet load for SBR's that I dont know. If you have TAC, you gotta use it for something as long as its accurate enough.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    Good to know. I have 9 pounds to burn up.
    What do you recommend?
    TAC is great powder, but like PB said, I like the benchrest extruded powders. LT-32, XBR, and H322. Meter good, and shoot great.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    Which vendor is that?
    Nosler’s own surplus shop (Shooter’s Pro Shop) will have overruns and blems on rotation. I picked up my last 1k of the 77s from them. The deals come and go.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    TAC is great powder, but like PB said, I like the benchrest extruded powders. LT-32, XBR, and H322. Meter good, and shoot great.
    Thanks for the feedback. I have a few pounds of 322 I can fool around with.
    The only loads I have in my manuals is Sierras at 20.6 grains to start up to 21.8 grains max.
    What is your pet load?
    This is such good feedback because there is such limited information for suppressed SBR load data!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I have a few pounds of 322 I can fool around with.
    The only loads I have in my manuals is Sierras at 20.6 grains to start up to 21.8 grains max.
    What is your pet load?
    This is such good feedback because there is such limited information for suppressed SBR load data!
    We run 21.6-21.8 for the "house" load. Outstanding in any AR and a great long range round out to 1000 yards in the bolt gun.

I've been going over max at 22.8 with some 77 gr TMKs recently that give a more 5.56ish pressure and performance.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast