Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: 77gr Nosler CC load?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Please note that I corrected my 77 SMK load from 23.9 to 23.5 grains of N540. I was looking at the wrong cell on the row in my spreadsheet when I made my post.

N540 is supposed to be less temp sensitive but I've only shot it in warm weather.

It has been a long time since I have shot N135 but I don't remember it being all that sensitive, at least not enough to push me out of a node. It slayed a lot of prairie dogs for me back in my varmint hunting days.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wormydog1724 View Post
    After some more internet research, I have a plan.

Hoping to have some loaded tonight and maybe later this week I can test. My wife and kids are leaving town so I’ll have something productive to do.

Thanks for the replies.
    Hey there, well I finally hit the range after many months and had some decent results. Most of my loadings were with 8208XBR but I loaded up 10 rds with the Shooters World Precision before heading out this AM. 10 rds is not a valid test but I had decent results from my Tikka 223 rifle. I didn't bring my crono because I don't worry about velocity till I'm settled in on the load 1st, maybe that's ass-backward but it's how I do it, LOL. Here are some groups and info, I hope someone finds it helpful, I should start getting out a bit more now in the coming weeks.
    This is my good news/bad news group, I used Wolf SRP/Magnums and printed this out of a hot gun at the end of the day, good news is it shot dam good, the bad news is I only have 500 left.

The bottom target is the Shooters World Powder. I'll get out there as time allows. Also, I'm not seeing much difference between the Nosler & the Sierras, both are darn close to each other.
    Last edited by m1a_scoutguy; 07-11-23 at 20:05.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Shooters World is extruded right?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Shooters World is extruded right?
    I believe its short cut extruded.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    Hey there, well I finally hit the range after many months and had some decent results. Most of my loadings were with 8208XBR but I loaded up 10 rds with the Shooters World Precision before heading out this AM. 10 rds is not a valid test but I had decent results from my Tikka 223 rifle. I didn't bring my crono because I don't worry about velocity till I'm settled in on the load 1st, maybe that's ass-backward but it's how I do it, LOL. Here are some groups and info, I hope someone finds it helpful, I should start getting out a bit more now in the coming weeks.
    This is my good news/bad news group, I used Wolf SRP/Magnums and printed this out of a hot gun at the end of the day, good news is it shot dam good, the bad news is I only have 500 left.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/wDtUEWL.jpg?1
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/VU5ezEj.jpg?1
    The bottom target is the Shooters World Powder. I'll get out there as time allows. Also, I'm not seeing much difference between the Nosler & the Sierras, both are darn close to each other.
    Awesome info and thank you.

I have a crude ladder dropped from 22.5gr to 25.0gr. I have no expectations of shooting the 25.0gr because I am expecting to run into pressure before then, but I like to have them loaded just in case it works. I am loading long to around 2.290 in ASC mags so that may stave off some pressure. I don't like to push the limits of pressure but it's good to know what they are in my rifle.
    Last edited by Wormydog1724; 07-12-23 at 12:21.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by opngrnd View Post
    It would be great to get some viable alternatives to H322. I'm almost at the end of my H322 jug.
    Im using tac. I load 1 grain less than h322, meters ok. I hate load development and its good enough. It was on sale at the time also.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by opngrnd View Post
    I believe its short cut extruded.
    Awesome info and thank you.

I have a crude ladder dropped from 22.5gr to 25.0gr. I have no expectations of shooting the 25.0gr because I am expecting to run into pressure before then, but I like to have them loaded just in case it works. I am loading long to around 2.290 in ASC mags so that may stave off some pressure. I don't like to push the limits of pressure but it's good to know what they are in my rifle.
    Glad to help out Wormydog & that you find the info useful. Yea its interesting and we know its because of "liability" that the jug starts out @ 23grn and says drop back 10% and start there, I get it but no,LOL Then on SW website with the 77 Sierra it says 25grn is Max I think, I would have to go look again, so that's how I came up with the 23.5, I did a 22.8 but it didn't group as good & like I said that group was the next to last of the day and right after I shot the 22.8 loads. The barrel was warm for sure plus it was an 85+ day out although I was in the shade. My last group was the 8208 load with the Wolf SRP/Mag and that pretty much shot the best. Also just for the hell of it here is a pic of 3 diff powders,8208/Varget/Shooters World Precision. I think the 8208 & the SWP look very close, both kernels are smaller than the Varget in the middle, its a crappy pic of the SWP, I should have put it in a similar cap for the contrast, but ya can kinda see the diff. I will continue to play with the SWP but for now, I think I will run through the rest of my cherished Wolf primers with the 8208 and keep messing with the SW as a backup with standard CCI or Federal NM primers, have tons of each along with 10K of old school Tula SRP/standard, will keep ya posted.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Shooters World does look about like XBR, H322, etc. I'd be comfortable running that in my dillon.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Leaving the range and… I… think… SWP is going to be a GO for me. I’ll put a write up together and post it tomorrow. Still gotta fine tune but honestly I’m thoroughly impressed.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Leaving the range and… I… think… SWP is going to be a GO for me. I’ll put a write up together and post it tomorrow. Still gotta fine tune but honestly I’m thoroughly impressed.
    That's good to hear. It'd be a while before I could even think of adding another powder to my mess of loads. But having more options for everyone is a good thing.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast