Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Handguard Heat

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Cool idea
    I took a class with a guy who had an older integrally suppress DDv7's in 300blk. This was when they had their own rail systems, he ran a Warsport wrap, which I don't think are around any more. I only remember it because it was a beautiful AR.
    http://soldiersystems.net/2011/11/28...al-rail-cover/
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    I would put these

https://www.centurionarms.com/keymod...m11-234-km.htm

on either side of the bayo lug, modified to fit around it
    Last edited by Aetius; 03-25-20 at 20:12.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quit touching the FSB.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Possible option:

https://www.burnproofgear.com/product/rail-rap/

Or......wait for it......gloves.
    Last edited by MattC; 03-25-20 at 19:26.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DBake View Post
    Besides from wearing a glove or moving my hand placement, how do I get past the FSB heating up the front hand?

Attachment 61415
    Shoot slower...?

It's a rifle, it'll get hot.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    That's... actually not the worst idea I've ever seen. I'm intrigued.
    What about slippage? I didn't read where there were any provisions for anchoring.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DBake View Post
    Besides from wearing a glove or moving my hand placement, how do I get past the FSB heating up the front hand?

Attachment 61415
    You are not giving me much from you descroption and picture. I'm assuming your hand is behind the FSB and the heat source is the rear leg. Even though the title is Hard Guard Heat, the only problem you mention is the FSB.

We used something like this material to wrap headers on our racing go karts (I picked this size because it would best meet your needs):

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/t...xoCBWcQAvD_BwE

We applied it wet and used safety wire to hold in place at beginning and end of the header tube. You could probably wrap the rear leg with about 1.5" inches of the 15 foot roll (LOL) and wrap with gutted 550 cord to hold in place.

Just an idea. If the rear leg is your problem and you want to try these, I'll see if I have any remnants in the shop.

Honestly, though, I'd just wear gloves, or a glove.

ETA: take an old glove, cut the fingers off and then cut them to the length of the FSB leg. Slit them and put them around the FSB - I'd layer pinky, ring, index, middle. Then wrap with paracord, or black duct tape.

Remember, if the girls don't find you handsome, they ought to find you handy.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 03-25-20 at 20:50.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Magpul Slimline handguards
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    BCM or KAC KMR covers are nice

or...

HTFU
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Perhaps I'm stating the obvious, but if you are using that BCM grip pod as a hand stop you have set it up so that your hand is sitting on the FSB.

So, two things (hand and FSB) are occupying the same space and one needs to move. Rearrange your support hand to go somewhere else closer in / further out, or do something to remove the FSB.

I have to ask why you are using that rail since you have nothing attached to it other than the grip. If it's merely for getting your support hand out farther I would consider chopping the FSB (and bayo lug stuff) and swapping to a continuous rail.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast