Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Thread: Red Dot choices

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Core781 View Post
    I asked if the guy in your pic was SAS?
    Not directed at me, but yes. That is a picture of an SAS soldier who responded to a terror attack at a hotel in Kenya early last year. Google SAS Kenya hotel and you'll get a bunch of pics and articles.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    Not directed at me, but yes. That is a picture of an SAS soldier who responded to a terror attack at a hotel in Kenya early last year. Google SAS Kenya hotel and you'll get a bunch of pics and articles.
    Thanks Steve: I was almost certain but wanted to verify. Is this the guy that determined the attackers were kitted like highly trained mercenaries versus your average al-Shabaab fighter? I wonder if this Sassy boy knew he was carrying an inferior RD sight to an Aimpoint?? 🤣🤣 Sorry I couldn’t resist.

Feedback Score
    OK.....Sincere Aimpoint fans............You Won......just purchased a micro.....probably will get a Pro...........one thing is the turning point for me.....history of rugged use and proven durability.

That said.....there are some really good RDSs to be had..........but the history is yet to be built.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaucho1 View Post
    OK.....Sincere Aimpoint fans............You Won......just purchased a micro.....probably will get a Pro...........one thing is the turning point for me.....history of rugged use and proven durability.

That said.....there are some really good RDSs to be had..........but the history is yet to be built.
    Actually, you won. Congrats on a great optic.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This Aimpoint vs Everything debate reminds me of the 1911 vs Anything Modern debate. Some people just can't seem to let go of the past.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    This Aimpoint vs Everything debate reminds me of the 1911 vs Anything Modern debate. Some people just can't seem to let go of the past.
    I think it is more of a Glock vs Everything debate......but I get your intent.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gaucho1 View Post
    I think it is more of a Glock vs Everything debate......but I get your intent.
    Yeah that's my vibe too. I like Aimpoint, I like Glock, I just realize when something else is great too.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Older and proven does not equal inferior. I'm still waiting for someone to point out a red dot sight that meets or beats an Aimpoint.

1911's are absolutely inferior to .modern pistols. Not a fair comparison at all.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    Older and proven does not equal inferior. I'm still waiting for someone to point out a red dot sight that meets or beats an Aimpoint.

1911's are absolutely inferior to .modern pistols. Not a fair comparison at all.
    Agree that older and proven doesn't mean inferior. However, the high end Holosuns and high end Sig red dots actually are better than the Aimpoints. Just as tough, better glass/coatings, and better reticle.

Now, if you don't want to buy something designed or made in China, I understand. But they're still better.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Even many of the cheap ones have better features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast