Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dot choices

Feedback Score
    Because my astigmatism is getting worse I went with the Holosun hs510c plus magnifier.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Maybe a little late, but it's my understanding that the previous version of the Romeo4 that was being used by the FBI before the 4T was the 4M. Just out of boredom, I did a bit of research on it and it appears that the 4M is just a 4T without the solar panels and without the BDC reticle options. I was also able to find a thread on a forum wherein a guy was able to confirm that the 4M was marked "designed in Oregon, assembled in the USA."

A little more digging and I found the 4M in stock at Primary Arms for $199. I really wish I knew that before I dropped $400+ on the 4T. I couldn't care less about the solar panels and the BDC does nothing for me because I'm shooting a 10.5" build and it shoots relatively flat to 200 before it drops like a brick anyway. The mount that comes with the 4M sucks, but I'm just gonna use the mount that came with my 4T for a lower 1/3 co-witness and throw it on my AR22.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for the info on the Romeo 4M. I was curious about that because I kept hearing that Romeo 4s were very affordable, but I wasn’t sure which model people were referring to (since the 4T isn’t that cheap, as you mentioned). My understanding is that the FBI uses this Daniel Defense mount. Maybe they feel the same way about the SIG mount.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ACR_Scout View Post
    Thanks for the info on the Romeo 4M. I was curious about that because I kept hearing that Romeo 4s were very affordable, but I wasn’t sure which model people were referring to (since the 4T isn’t that cheap, as you mentioned). My understanding is that the FBI uses this Daniel Defense mount. Maybe they feel the same way about the SIG mount.
    I'm guessing it is the reason. It's probably also the reason that the 4T was spec'd to come with the mount that it did. The 4T mount is bullet proof. I would have stuck with it, if I didn't find that I much prefer the 1.93 height mount. I got the Geissele and when comparing the two, there are some striking similarities in terms of the bolt used and the recoil lug. Both have uncanny return-to-zero ability without the use of a torque wrench. I cut a 1/2" wrench in half and keep it in my grip in case I have to remove the sight to resort to the back ups or some other reason.

Just after posting my reply above, I also got an email from Sig saying that my brand new 4T is on it's way back to me and should be here Friday. Not bad considering that I shipped it last week and they only received it on Saturday. I don't know how Sig handles customer service on their firearms, but their optics division is on the ball.

Man, I'm almost tempted to order another 4M and sell the 4T when it gets here.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well, I got the Romeo4M in. Pulled the mount and checked the bottom. Labeled "Designed in Oregon...Assembled in CHINA."

I'm gonna keep it though. At $199, it's definitely worth the extra money over what the Romeo5 I just bought cost, so I'm gonna return the Romeo5.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyAngel View Post
    Well, I got the Romeo4M in. Pulled the mount and checked the bottom. Labeled "Designed in Oregon...Assembled in CHINA."

I'm gonna keep it though. At $199, it's definitely worth the extra money over what the Romeo5 I just bought cost, so I'm gonna return the Romeo5.
    AT $199 you honestly thought it was both domestic and quality??

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    Well, considering that the 4M sold for $400-$500 when it was Sig's top of the line and the fact that the FBI ok'd it for use, I thought that at $200, it was worth checking out.

Thanks for your contribution to the thread.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    Aimpoint isn't a domestic product and its excellent. The Colt M4 was sold to the US government for over $1000 for a long time. Once Colt lost the sole source, the prices came down, but not so much that it would incriminate them. FN now makes the EXACT same product for less money.

Much like rifle's, optics are very much the same in this regard. Aimpoint spent the money researching and developing new technologies to create the amazing products we have available today.
    However, you have to pay for that investment they made. Companies like Holosun, Sig, and others have copied the Aimpoint product to great success and at a fraction of the cost.

I'm not saying a Romeo 4 is the same quality as an Aimpoint. But the value in the Sig product is undeniable. Not to mention that the Romeo 4 lineup is rather proven by now (especially the 4M and 4T) there's actually photos of British SAS using the 4T
    https://thereptilehouseblog.com/2019...-romeo-4t-fde/
    The Romeo 4M originally was around $400, but the 4T made it obsolete to law enforcement. So now there's basically an excessive amount of unsold 4M's floating around for excellent prices. (Not to mention they use an Aimpoint micro mount)

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MikhailBarracuda91; 05-30-20 at 00:08.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kyjd75 View Post
    [/COLOR]
    Leupold just did. No gold ring. 34mm wide tube. I've been thinking about getting one.
    Leupold’s motion-activated illumination technology is very mature and reliable.

I have more than two dozen, closer to three dozen, optics from many different companies, including Zeiss, Kahles, Burris, Vortex, Weaver, Nikon, B&L, Bushnell, and others, so I’m no particular brand whore. Among my Leupold optics are illuminated VX-R, VX6-HD Firedots and two Deltapoint Pros, with motion-activation.

One of the two DPPs resides on my HD carbine at absolute cowitness height. I’ve run that one for about five years, now. It, like the other motion-activated Leupolds, has been 100% reliable and has insanely long (years) battery life. It is a viable duty grade red dot option. It is my choice for my HD bedside carbine.
    Last edited by MS556; 05-30-20 at 11:05.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikhailBarracuda91 View Post
    Much like rifle's, optics are very much the same in this regard. Aimpoint spent the money researching and developing new technologies to create the amazing products we have available today. However, you have to pay for that investment they made. Companies like Holosun, Sig, and others have copied the Aimpoint product to great success and at a fraction of the cost.
    Yeah it's easy to sell a chinese red dot for $120 when another company footed the bill for R&D.

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast