Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dot choices

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    I really am liking the Holosun optics with the EO-type reticle.

Feedback Score
    The optics and flashlight industries would do well to seek a country other than china to make their cheaper lower quality stuff.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    The optics and flashlight industries would do well to seek a country other than china to make their cheaper lower quality stuff.
    Actually, if the flashlight Manufacturer's like SF and the optics makers like Aimpoint would charge people what they are actually worth, there wouldn't be a problem with alternate China manufacturer options. Their greed makes it possible, nobody else.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    Actually, if the flashlight Manufacturer's like SF and the optics makers like Aimpoint would charge people what they are actually worth, there wouldn't be a problem with alternate China manufacturer options. Their greed makes it possible, nobody else.
    Its cheaper to make stuff if you just rip off IP instead of doing RDT&E and pay your employees in peanuts.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Its cheaper to make stuff if you just rip off IP instead of doing RDT&E and pay your employees in peanuts.
    The import brands seem to be giving the big names a run on innovation and quality these days. Holosun, Sig, Vortex have some nice optics that probably have no stolen tech. Primary arms has some unique optics. I may be mistaken, but aimpoint doesn’t offer solar, reticle options, color choices, shake awake. Also, Aimpoint is most definitely priced extremely high, $700+ for a red dot. Some of the big names in the industry are running Vortex and Holosun. I own Trijicon MROs, Eotechs, Vortex and Holosun optics. Honestly, I prefer the Vortex and Holosun for reticle and clarity. Time will tell for reliability. I am running Holosun dots with upgraded mounts on go to rifles.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    It occurs to me that I have a tendency to butt heads with you on the subject of anything that takes batteries. So, while I will likely continue to disagree, I apologize for being an asshole. No hard feelings, bro.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    It occurs to me that I have a tendency to butt heads with you on the subject of anything that takes batteries. So, while I will likely continue to disagree, I apologize for being an asshole. No hard feelings, bro.
    No hard feelings bro. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Although I agree with you on your point of it being easier to rip off instead of doing RDT&E, those days have passed for the most part on optics and flashlights. Especially for flashlights. SF has been behind on performance for awhile now and I have good experience with a few brands durability wise that I would have no problem trusting. Right now, brands like SF and Aimpoint are riding the coat tails of their reputation of being one of few only go to performance and durability brands and charging premium prices.

The T-1/T-2 design is old. Not that anything is wrong with at all, but it is an old design that doesn't justify the primo price anymore. They have more than made up for the RDT&E on it. Now they just choose to ass rape customers. Like the US auto market in the 70's and 80's, if they don't change their mantra, they will ride their coat tails into oblivion. As data on products like Holosun, etc prove to be just as reliable and the die hard "only these products" crowd dwindles, and it will, they will be forced to change or suffer the same outcome.

Feedback Score
    https://youtu.be/q9Fbj4qVR3A

Ian and Carl go into pretty good depth about why Aimpoint cost so much. It's very informative

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PLCedeno View Post
    I have owned and used most of the Aimpoint red dots for a number of years now and like most here, am partial to the T2 on the AR platform. I purchased a Sig Sauer Romeo 5 for use on an inexpensive PCC (Ruger PC9) a while back and was impressed with it especially given the cost differential. My question is can anyone tell me how two seemingly similar products can have such a wide cost differential.

The reason for my question is that my son just purchased a S&W M&P Sport 2 and i as a good dad provided the Vickers sling, Colt side swivel and extra Magpul mags. He wants an Aimpoint because i have one but is it really that much better than a $140.00 Romeo 5?
    I'd consider the used optic market if you wanted to save some money on an Aimpoint over the cost of new. I'm not a made in China gear fan, so I can't help you with a Romeo 5 vs Aimpoint opinion.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    IRRELEVANT.
    Last edited by justin_247; 04-01-20 at 11:08.

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast