Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dot choices

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    Mystery, I will bow out of this because it has grown tiresome. You fail to understand what I write over and over...not sure why really.

You write I bought the DD because I wanted to save money over the KAC. That is not even close to what I wrote dude. How did you come up with that in that head of yours? The dream car example is another one, I left your choices wide open, yet you keep pigeon holing the choices to avoid the truth that you would take something more expensive than what you have for free. Anyone would. Your original point was garbage and you know it. Yet even when faced with that obvious truth you would rather fight tooth and nail on something that everyone else knows is a false statement, then admit you were wrong on it.

With that being said, I have come to the conclusion that this discussion is a waste of time when basic comprehension or manning up is lacking.

Rock on with your Aimpoints.

The real question is...when they come down in price to be more competitive because of competition...and they will...will you man up then or make another invalid excuse on why it happened?
    Thank you. Sooner or later we all discover we have done nothing when we have bested a fool. Happy Easter!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have an Aimpoint H1, T2 and M4s. I also have a Primary Arms Advanced Micro and a Sig Romeo 5.

Optical clarity and resistance to lens flare is superior on the Aimpoints. Optical clarity and lens flare resistance of the Romeo is superior to the PA. Some days, the dots of all sights look sharper than others. I'm satisfied with the battery life of all five red dot sights.

I would buy the Aimpoints again, giving preference to the T2 & M4s. I would also by another Romeo. I don't think I'd buy another PA Advanced Micro. It works well enough for a cheap RDS, but the Romeo comes with a mount and is a better value.

The RDS I like the most is the T2. It's light, it's fast, has good optical clarity, lens coatings work well, Scalar Works makes an awesome mount for it and the T2 accepts the Forward Control ATA caps which makes zeroing a breeze.

I think a solar panel is a feature with limited utility. It only works when the RDS is outside in the sunshine, not when stored inside the safe. Sights with a short battery life die in storage. I find the shake awake feature to be more useful. I have a Leupold LPV with a short battery life and shake awake. While the shake awake is useless in the field, as constant motion means constant on, it keeps the battery from dying while in storage.

One feature I'd like to see Aimpoint offer is a second dot for holdovers.

I got what I paid for when I bought my Aimpoints. When I paid the $750 or so for the T2, I got $750 worth of optics. When I paid the $150 or so for the Romeo, I got more than I expected, but not enough to convince me my Aimpoints were over priced.
    Last edited by MistWolf; 04-12-20 at 09:44.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CatBacker88 View Post
    Thank you. Sooner or later we all discover we have done nothing when we have bested a fool. Happy Easter!
    Happy Easter my brother!

Feedback Score
    Just decided to add my $.02 to what has been apparently a lengthy and somewhat contentious thread...

I have an Aimpoint PRO, Vortex Strikefire II and a SIG Romeo on various personally-owned rifles.

I also was issued a Trijicon MRO on my department DD SBR.

Any of them are adequate for the range, gun games or stateside law enforcement patrol rifle use.

If I was going back to Afghanistan or Iraq, I'd take an Aimpoint.
    Last edited by tanksoldier; 04-13-20 at 18:04.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tanksoldier View Post
    Just decided to add my $.02 to what has been apparently a lengthy and somewhat contentious thread...

I have an Aimpoint PRO, Vortex Strikefire II and a SIG Romeo on various personally-owned rifles.

Any of them are adequate for the range, gun games or stateside law enforcement patrol rifle use.

Well said....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tanksoldier View Post

I have all of those also. Only thing I will add is that I really am not very happy with my MRO. The glass is a weird tint and it seems to have a bunch of parallax. It just seems like it should be better coming from trijicon.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake03 View Post
    I have all of those also. Only thing I will add is that I really am not very happy with my MRO. The glass is a weird tint and it seems to have a bunch of parallax. It just seems like it should be better coming from trijicon.
    I hope that some of these complaints are addressed in the MRO HD. I do like mine.
    With that said... The MRO HD price may emphasize the point that one earlier post was making about a certain level of quality will demand a certain level of cost, regardless of the company. The MRO HD is solidly in Aimpoint Micro range.

Feedback Score
    Can we all just agree now that COVID19 has killed ~25000 Americans to not buy "Made in China", at least for our weapons systems (and cell phones) ?

Was going to pick up a higher end Holosun. Nope. Not now. Switch to a country that isn't China, & I'm in.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by js8588 View Post
    Can we all just agree now that COVID19 has killed ~25000 Americans to not buy "Made in China", at least for our weapons systems (and cell phones) ?

Was going to pick up a higher end Holosun. Nope. Not now. Switch to a country that isn't China, & I'm in.
    Like the computer you're typing that on, the network you're sending it over... etc, etc. No matter what brand of electronics you buy, chances are at least some portion of it was made in China. Virtually all high-end servers, storage, memory cards... all made in the same six factories in China, no matter who's name is on the outside. Same with almost anything you buy: some part was made in China. Globalization is the modern reality.

...and blaming China is overly simplistic. While they might not have handled things the best, much of the COVID-19 reaction is over-reaction, or perhaps the reaction we SHOULD be having to every flu season. 61,000 Americans died of the flu in 2017-2018. What country's products should we stop buying for that?

Just like the Obama Presidency, there were and are plenty of things to be upset with them, and him, about.... but blaming them, and him, for stupid stuff that isn't really their, or his, fault just weakens your other arguments and makes you look reactionary.
    Last edited by tanksoldier; 04-13-20 at 23:06.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by js8588 View Post

Good luck with that. Apple users are one of the most hard core fan base there is. I also don't mind supporting an American company making stuff in China and setting their own QC like Primary Arms and Vortex, etc. If they decide to change their manufacturing country and still make a good product, I will still support them.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 04-14-20 at 11:53.

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast