Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dot choices

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    So you guys with Sig Romeo 4T’s: anyone here have that specific model let them down?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyAngel View Post
    Thanks. I thought it looked tall. Can you get a cheek weld with that or is it more of a chin weld?
    It's really not much taller than a standard 1.57" lower 1/3. We're talking .36 of an inch difference.

A cheek weld is very natural feeling. I'd say probably less than optimal if your shooting for precision in the prone position, but honestly I'd really have to be comparing rifles or something to notice.

The 1.93" mount is my choice for a red dot set-up, I feel like the more heads up position is better for quick target acquisition.

My brother runs a compM4 with the lower 1/3 on his rifle, even though the window is larger in that optic I feel it's easier to snap onto targets with my rifle. I could have a bias towards my rifle so take for what it's worth.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    So you guys with Sig Romeo 4T’s: anyone here have that specific model let them down?
    I'm still on the original battery, the thing just works. It holds zero no matter what the temperature change is too. I mostly shoot steel at 300 yards with it.

The glass is not as clear as an Aimpoint though, it has an ever so slightly blue hue to it (looks like it's done on purpose). But the dot is every bit as crisp. I can't notice the blue unless I'm looking through an Aimpoint and then I look right through the 4T (still more clear than MRO)

The Romeo 4M is a lot cheaper and accepted by the FBI. Also made in Japan/USA

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikhailBarracuda91 View Post
    It's really not much taller than a standard 1.57" lower 1/3. We're talking .36 of an inch difference.

A cheek weld is very natural feeling. I'd say probably less than optimal if your shooting for precision in the prone position, but honestly I'd really have to be comparing rifles or something to notice.

The 1.93" mount is my choice for a red dot set-up, I feel like the more heads up position is better for quick target acquisition.

My brother runs a compM4 with the lower 1/3 on his rifle, even though the window is larger in that optic I feel it's easier to snap onto targets with my rifle. I could have a bias towards my rifle so take for what it's worth.

Hmmm, I may just cancel my order for the MI mount and check out that higher mount.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyAngel View Post
    Hmmm, I may just cancel my order for the MI mount and check out that higher mount.
    I've heard really good stuff about MI mounts. If you decide to buy a Larue mount checkout the used market. It's considerably cheaper most times. I've seen the LT660 like half off on this site

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikhailBarracuda91 View Post
    I've heard really good stuff about MI mounts. If you decide to buy a Larue mount checkout the used market. It's considerably cheaper most times. I've seen the LT660 like half off on this site

Thanks,
    I'm gonna look into it. Who knows, I've always run absolute co witness, but recently did a mock up of what a high mount would be like using risers and I really liked it, hence my questions to you. Just to make sure that I wasn't thinking something stupid.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I opted for the Geissele 1.93 mount. I like that you can bolt it to the receiver. I've had bad experiences with ADM and Larue with optics falling off.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Haven't had mine long enough to give them much of a work out, so sorry, not enough time yet to answer your question.

Feedback Score
    I've settled on the Aimpoint Pro for my rifle. Initially, I wasn't a fan of how big/heavy the optic was, but after briefly trying a T-2, I like the larger window and the added brightness of the dot on the Aimpoint Pro.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiff_P239 View Post
    I've settled on the Aimpoint Pro for my rifle. Initially, I wasn't a fan of how big/heavy the optic was, but after briefly trying a T-2, I like the larger window and the added brightness of the dot on the Aimpoint Pro.
    My two haven't let me down in years. They are probably the best in their price point class.

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast